• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Queen is Dead!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Queen is Dead!"

Collapse

• BdP
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Well not yet.

Hasn't been many defining news moments recently. Sept 11th, 7/7, Iraq War, Diana.

Apart from the Queen dying(which isn't going to happen anytime soon). Do the panel have any predictions on the next massive worldwide news event?

I'm going for Nelson Mandela or Take That split up again.
    How about Nelson Mandela to join Take That.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    This is interesting from the Scotsman

In 2007, Glasgow Airport bombers Bilal Abdulla and Kafeel Ahmed spent several hours in the same remote woodland just before making their attack on the airport.
    If they're dumb enough to use the same test location as others have done previously, they're not the smartest terrorists out there.

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    North Korea will launch a nuclear attack on Ireland

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I think Minestrone lives in Glasgow or some posh bit nearby. I wonder why the arabs would be blowing up Glasgow?
    Something is going down...

A TERRORISM expert says last week's explosion near Loch Lomond is proof an attack on the UK is IMMINENT.
    Professor David Capitanchik believes the blast could have been a test run for an atrocity.

The expert from Aberdeen's Robert Gordon University said: "Terrorists get training in Pakistan or Afghanistan in how to put bombs together.

"But the critical thing is how to detonate it.

"I would think they were planning for something imminent."

Cops swooped on Wednesday after a dog walker heard the blast in Garadhban Forest, near Gartocharn.

It's thought several devices were discovered but police sources claim the materials found are so unstable they will have to be recovered by teams in armoured vehicles.

The bomb is said to have been assembled in a unique way and there are fears it's a type never seen before.

Police are following "a number of positive lines of inquiry".
    Read more: Terror hit ‘imminent’ after explosion near Loch Lomond | The Sun |Home Scotland|Scottish News

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Jesus, don't you lefties ever give up?
    In a word, NO. Something to do with "Willing suspension of disbelief". At least that would explain why someone might continue to vote Labour despite all logical evidence to the contrary.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I don't think the Pope has more than a year in him, personally I think he is the George Lazenby Pope, they had to put in a buffer between JP and the next charismatic one who could well be black.
    Somebody who was following this more closely than I suggested that the real reason the current Pope got the job was that he'd been effectively running the show for a while, due to John Paul's deteriorating health.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Oh BTW MF, by "encompassing or imagining the Sovereign's death", you have committed treason under the Treason Act, 1351, (which is still in effect)
    And going by recent cases brought about through wishing damage upon public property (e.g. an airport for example) via a public forum one would worry

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Thatcher.

Fingers crossed.
    Jesus, don't you lefties ever give up?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Thatcher.

Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Well not yet.

Hasn't been many defining news moments recently. Sept 11th, 7/7, Iraq War, Diana.

Apart from the Queen dying(which isn't going to happen anytime soon). Do the panel have any predictions on the next massive worldwide news event?

I'm going for Nelson Mandela or Take That split up again.
    Oh BTW MF, by "encompassing or imagining the Sovereign's death", you have committed treason under the Treason Act, 1351, (which is still in effect)

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    This is getting a bit wierd. I was thinking about this a few days before MF posted it and I'm sure it was MF who posted something some weeks back about tracking wasps to their nests a day after I mentioned the same thing to the missus.

Twas me.

But can you do me a favour and move your mobile a little further away from the small plant table in the corner, you know the one with aspidistra, it's causing interference on my recording device.

Ta.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I don't think the Pope has more than a year in him, personally I think he is the George Lazenby Pope, they had to put in a buffer between JP and the next charismatic one who could well be black.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    I'm a member
    You said it...

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    This is getting a bit wierd. I was thinking about this a few days before MF posted it and I'm sure it was MF who posted something some weeks back about tracking wasps to their nests a day after I mentioned the same thing to the missus.

If you made a dirty great simulation model and put in all the major events of the last 20 years maybe it could predict the next one. Or, a bit cheaper, let's make a list and see if we can see a pattern.

I reckon we are overdue for assassination of a PM myself, we have only ever done one, the Yanks have been far more sensible. Just think how democratic governments would be if unpopular ones got blown up a bit more.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I think the point of this thread is to point out something that might happen so you can come back and brag about your prediction being right.
    After the collapse of the AGW scam, Al Gore to join Conrad Black in Low Federal Correctional Institution.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X