• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Toupee or not toupee?"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Being a bit of a "card" I have been plotting for a few years to go to work on April Fools wearing a syrup. You have to keep a straight face. When people snigger, pick them up on it, look hurt, make them apologise. Keep this up until the stroke of midday then visibly toss it in the bin and make out like nothing happened.

Keep forgetting though

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    For the simple reason that the sloppy writing on message boards as "it's only the internet" is accepted by so many people. Sheer bone idleness.

In a significant number of people the knowledge that similar sounding words have different meanings so aren't interchangable seems to have disappeared.

I've worked with a few rug wearers and they've always looked absurd.
    I thought that was some kind of newsletter. Something professional looking, anyway. That whole article was really badly written actually.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    It's only funny if it is screamingly obvious it's a syrup.

But yes, I have, and the wearer wasn't a bloke.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    It’s trendy to say you’re staff are your number one asset but within our company it’s true.

Ouch. Why doesn't anything get edited anymore?
    For the simple reason that the sloppy writing on message boards as "it's only the internet" is accepted by so many people. Sheer bone idleness.

In a significant number of people the knowledge that similar sounding words have different meanings so aren't interchangable seems to have disappeared.

I've worked with a few rug wearers and they've always looked absurd.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Found it! Here's how to do a Trump.

With and without hair:

Knocks years off him

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Duncan Bannatyne.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Not sure what Donald Trump does, I suspect it is a comb over, but it looks hideous

Surely looking bald, or anything, would be preferable?
    Found it! Here's how to do a Trump.

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    More

Wow so thats you, very brave of you to post that.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    More

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Not sure what Donald Trump does, I suspect it is a comb over, but it looks hideous

Surely looking bald, or anything, would be preferable?

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Looks like a weave.

I try not to hang around with baldies. They look at my beautiful shoulder length hair with a glint of jealousy.
    Like this?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by kandr View Post
    Is that a wig?
    Looks like a weave.

I try not to hang around with baldies. They look at my beautiful shoulder length hair with a glint of jealousy.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    It’s trendy to say you’re staff are your number one asset but within our company it’s true.

Ouch. Why doesn't anything get edited anymore?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    my dad used to -- it was dead obvious but everyone pretend not to notice

when he retired he took it off and everybody had to pretend to be suprised.

a completely vain waste of time and money

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    I sit better than the combover?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X