• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A good piece of CRM Software"

Collapse

• datestamp
    replied
    So that you can keep track of who's called, what the current status of your relationship is with them, any leads etc.
    You mean, as in:

Trixibell called. You're shagging her this week. The wife's found out and she is about to attach a mains lead to your testicles?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by dazza12
    Customer relationship management. So that you can keep track of who's called, what the current status of your relationship is with them, any leads etc.
    Hmm - sounds like it might be useful for job applications, if you're one of those people, with borderline skills and/or a crap CV, who has to apply for a dozen contracts for each interview and two or three interviews before bagging one.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "Manky old tat"

New tat Burger King boy, New!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    So I can apply as a retailer then? No problems, just fill it in normally.
    I think ideally you should be a bona-fide IT consultant or reseller. Try registering as Monkey Trading, purveyors of manky old tat, and you might run into problems. Just a thought...

Leave a comment:

• NoddY
    replied
    SugarCRM (requires LAMP)

Demo of open source version here:

http://www.sugarcrm.com/crm/demo/sugar-suite.html

Coincidently, I actually intended to install it this weekend, I might still get around to it tonight.

For your purposes it is probably overkill, but the price is good (£0).

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Basically, between speaking to agents, other contractors, looking for shops, speaking to potential customers for my wholesale business, talking to ebay customers, retail customers, suppliers, commercial agents. I cannot actually remember who the hell ive spoken to at the end of the day, let alone a month later!

So I need a simple CRM tool for a home. I have a full copy of Remedy, but its a little over kill. Something simple in Access would be good.

Actually I still have that No Agencies Access Database I bought off someone here about 3/4 years. I may modify that.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Customers??? Bastards. We just tell ours they should be fecking grateful for whatever we choose to give them

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    You can only apply as a business. If you mean "did you have to be a bit creative with answering the questions?" then no.
    So I can apply as a retailer then? No problems, just fill it in normally.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    You can only apply as a business. If you mean "did you have to be a bit creative with answering the questions?" then no.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Oh years cheers Mordy. Got the link.

What did you apply as personal or business? and does it matter what you feel in on the forms?

Leave a comment:

• dazza12
    replied
    Customer relationship management. So that you can keep track of who's called, what the current status of your relationship is with them, any leads etc.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    What is CRM? Too lazy and uninterested to look it up.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Does anyone know of a good, free or cheap piece of CRM software.

I need something with call logging, client database etc.

Having a look on the web, theres loads of crap, but does anyone use one for home?
    Try Sourceforge. When I was looking for an open source Helpdesk app last year there were dozens on there.
    Or the Action Pack, as Dazza suggested. Did you get the link I emailed you?

Leave a comment:

• dazza12
    replied
    But for £199 with the action pack compared to the prices of some of the other offerings, it's not that bad.

Of course, he could pay about 5000 and get the best.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Compared to the other offerings, it's crap.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X