• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Europe hands UK 20,000 more Indian IT workers every year, says leaked document"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Will the end result of Cameron's doings be any worse than Labour's policy though (apart from the lies)? Wasn't the latter a case of unlimited visas, and the more the merrier?
    Shame tulip different political party really.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Will the end result of Cameron's doings be any worse than Labour's policy though (apart from the lies)? Wasn't the latter a case of unlimited visas, and the more the merrier?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Just to counter your rather simplistic argument, I've found a contract where Bobs will never get the clearance required. A niche market.

<BOOMED>Which is nice.
    Lucky you, bob is everywhere and all we have is the underlying threat of more jobs being taken away as Cameron and co grease the palms of large multinationals.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    No Bobs on my next project. Which is nice.
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You keep saying that like some retard. Are you trying to tell us you're a racist or that you're getting benched?

Just to counter your rather simplistic argument, I've found a contract where Bobs will never get the clearance required. A niche market.

<BOOMED>Which is nice.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It all seems very odd. The immigration cap was a pretty controversial policy in the election run-up and got the Tories a lot of flak, which I figured meant they were serious or they would water it down to get more votes. Playing hardline on something controversial when your power is in the balance, only to water it down once you get in power, seems the wrong way round somehow.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Well looks like China is the place to invest? Anyone know of any good funds?

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Do the chinese really do much IT offshoring/outsourcing?

I once had to deal with a Chinese team who thought they could take all of our work offshore. I gave them a presentation on what we did and showed them our many hundreds of servers and dozens of networks which formed a complex application platform.

They flew back to China the next day and we never heard from them ever again

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Cameron is probably in China right now trying to trade more IT jobs for Chinese business. It won't affect the immigration figure though, because Chinese IT workers won't be included in the immigration calculation either.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolerKing View Post
    Wrong.
    Guessing by the amount of replies to your posts you must be the village idiot.

Given that India are not within the ECC any Indian worker partaking in employment within the ECC requires a Work permit/Visa....guess that makes them immigrants.
    Not very bright, are you? My hyperbolic sarcasm went right over head. Now I expect that from that half-wit SB, but do try to KUATB.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I thought the cap applied to ICTs? This new army is in addition to and not limited by the ICT quotas?
    Migrant cap exemption for company transfers - Cameron

Linky

But speaking at Prime Minister's Questions, Mr Cameron said: "Intra-company transfers shouldn't be included in what we are looking at."

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    Yes, this post from TW has a linked story about this.
    I thought the cap applied to ICTs? This new army is in addition to and not limited by the ICT quotas?

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Are they not meant to be talking about imposing some type of minimum salary cap on ICT's though?
    Yes, this post from TW has a linked story about this.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Are they not meant to be talking about imposing some type of minimum salary cap on ICT's though?

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Wrong.

Given that India are not within the ECC any Indian worker partaking in employment within the ECC requires a Work permit/Visa....guess that makes them immigrants.
    ICT will be excluded from the 'cap', but AFAIK they still have to appear in the Net Migration figures.
    Immigration Minister Damian Green has actually confirmed that achieving net migration in the tens of thousands was a cast iron commitment from the government.

If you look at recent figures for inward migration that contribute to net migration, you'll see that ICT (under Tier2) is only a small piece of the pie.

[From linky]

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Wrong.
    Out of the mouths of newbies!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X