• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Foods invented in the wrong country"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    We know pizzas and hamburgers come from New York. Chicken Tikka Massala is a Brit invention. I now hear that Creme Brulee was invented in Cambridge. What more?
    That 'tax doesn't have to be taxing' historian bloke said that the romans invented the burger

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    The Digestive biscuit was invented by Subutai, Genghis Khan's most trusted general, as a light and easy snack for the warriors to dunk in their cuppas at half time between playing chukkas of Polo with enemies' skulls.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Gastronomy was invented by Sir Patrick Moore, when he fancied a butty one night, whilst gazing at the horse-head nebulae

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Fish and chips is from Portugal.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    Completely missed the point that half the answers here are in joke mode haven't you.

Yo soy tonto? Quizas...pero usted es totalmente un gillipolla.... ="I'm stupid? - maybe but you're a total d-head" You really think someone fluent in Spanish doesn't know the correct spelling of Chilli, or Chile???
    Well this is CUK. With people like SB, Spod, EO, Atw etc. on here, usually one is not wrong to assume the worst.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Hope thats not rude...
    I did a contract in Singapore, and the locals taught me some sweary words, and I told them about England. They were truly interested and facinated

Dhooli Makahi is the phonetic way to say fck off
    sesini, likewise for thank you

thats what they told me, anyway

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    dhooli makahi

secini

Hope thats not rude...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Do they have seperate tins for báihuà and hànzi ?
    dhooli makahi

secini

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    A tin of alphabetti spaghetti in China, is three foot tall and weighs in at 83.1 kg

Do they have seperate tins for báihuà and hànzi ?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    A tin of alphabetti spaghetti in China, is three foot tall and weighs in at 83.1 kg

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    Yorkshire Pudding was invented in Lancashire. OK, just kidding.
    According to my mother - a devout Tyke - Yorkshire Pudding was indeed not invented in Yorkshire.

It was merely Yorkshire where the recipe was found, when one of the angels dropped it.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Pasta was brought to Italy by Marco Polo. Maybe.

Kraft bought a small factory in Philadelphia to head off a legal challenge to Philladelphia Cream Cheese, which never had anything to do with the place.

Yorkshire Pudding was invented in Lancashire. OK, just kidding.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Marks & Spencer "Oakham Chicken" doesn't come from Oakham. M&S merely registered the name of the town as a trademark for their chicken, but none of it is produced anywhere near there. Some of it comes from Northern Ireland, which is definitely not in Rutland.

M&S have form for this kind of thing: they used to sell "Melton Mowbray" pork pies that contained cured pork (pink), but of course a Melton pie is made with uncured pork (grey).

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    It never was made in Stilton, it was just sold there.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Stilton is not actually made in stilton anymore

Leave a comment:

Working...
X