• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's me hooman right!"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I meant Mr Green
    What about him?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I meant Mr Green

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Sorry an offshore tax dodging scheme has anyone told the Government efficiency monitor.
    Er yes they got on to it some time ago

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You did not...
    Did so!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I've told you once!
    You did not...

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Is this the 5-minute argument or the full half hour?

I've told you once!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Sorry an offshore tax dodging scheme has anyone told the Government efficiency monitor.

If he carried on past 2008 then he is an idiot prior to that he was only as guilty as anyone taking out an ISA. OK we knew HMRC didn't like it but they don't like much!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    No it isn't
    Is this the 5-minute argument or the full half hour?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    My argument was not one of equivalence, not by any means, but rather a comparison. Incidentally this is not an argument, it's a contradiction.
    No it isn't

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Er.... well you did.

My point was that if you argue equivalence between retrospective legislation and dodgy offshore schemes and call the proponents of one scum, then surely by definition, the proponents of the eqivalent are scum too?
    My argument was not one of equivalence, not by any means, but rather a comparison. Incidentally this is not an argument, it's a contradiction.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Using that logic you'd have to call offshore consultants Tax Dodging Scum.
    Er.... well you did.

My point was that if you argue equivalence between retrospective legislation and dodgy offshore schemes and call the proponents of one scum, then surely by definition, the proponents of the eqivalent are scum too?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Using that logic you'd have to call HMRC Retrospective Tax Collecting Scum.
    Using that logic you'd have to call offshore consultants Tax Dodging Scum.

There's taking Michael and there's taking the the pi$$

The government such as ours 20th in the league table of corrupt countries of the world, is it really surprising they want to get their pound of flesh whichever way they can?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    TDS

The retrospective part is just as incredible as a UK resident thinking it's ok to maintain an offshore managed income.

What were those people thinking?
    Using that logic you'd have to call HMRC Retrospective Tax Collecting Scum.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Victim or tax dodging scum?
    TDS

The retrospective part is just as incredible as a UK resident thinking it's ok to maintain an offshore managed income.

What were those people thinking?

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Victim or tax dodging scum?
    Genuine victim - he did something I wouldn't have done*, but so what? There's no excuse for retrospective legislation IMHO, nor for the ridiculous length of time HMRC and our learned friends have taken over it.

This will be Human Rights Legislation (which I am generally in favour of) used correctly if he wins.

*Invested in a questionable offshore scheme.
    Last edited by Peoplesoft bloke; 4 November 2010, 19:32.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X