• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hoodies in the local (bedwetter thread)"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by kandr View Post
    Double bluff, I think. YOU ARE SAS!!
    Will nobody think of the post count. Oh the humanity.

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Ein Reich, Ein Volke, Ein Zeity.

Oh.

Sorry.

Wrong login
    Double bluff, I think. YOU ARE SAS!!

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
    BBC News - Do the poor have a right to live in expensive areas?

In reply to an earlier discussion about moving out of town....
    Cue, sasguru with some Hitleresque comments.

Leave a comment:

• Dearnla
    replied
    BBC News - Do the poor have a right to live in expensive areas?

In reply to an earlier discussion about moving out of town....

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    you speak with candour, Kandr
    Life is too short to do otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I base my conclusions on what you have written. Don't take it personally.
    you speak with candour, Kandr

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Blx. You are jumping to conclusions based on what is written in an internet forum.
    I base my conclusions on what you have written. Don't take it personally.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Blx. You are jumping to conclusions based on what is written in an internet forum.
    Noo! On an Internet forum as well. Shame on him.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Moral of the story is, let the bar staff deal with it, as they did correctly by barring them AFTER they caused trouble AFTER warning them. Don't try and go in with a half-assed attempt to be brave then back down cowardly especially before that had done anything. It strikes me that you tulip you pants at the mere site of some young people and panicked trying to be a hero, rather than remaining cool and letting the bar staff deal with it.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Yes, you have read this wrong. And put words in my mouth.
    Several of these "group of lads having a good time of a friday night, spending some cash, getting lagered & generally acting like all 20 something lads are want to do (regardless of whether their tops have hoods on)" are now barred for antisocial behaviour, the most recent one being hurling a full pint glass at someone.

They only drink in this pub as they are barred from everywhere else. It is only a matter of time until they move on.

Crap trolling effort btw. Makes you look either illiterate or stupid, or perhaps both
    Where do you state that they were barred from everywhere else?
    Where do you state that more than one of them has been banned?

Why do you think it was your role to interject? The barman at the time was happy to serve them - who promoted you to bouncer?

Why is this trolling? Because I disagree with you?

Which bit is illiterate in my post?

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    Several of these "group of lads having a good time of a friday night, spending some cash, getting lagered & generally acting like all 20 something lads are want to do (regardless of whether their tops have hoods on)" are now barred for antisocial behaviour, the most recent one being hurling a full pint glass at someone.

They only drink in this pub as they are barred from everywhere else. It is only a matter of time until they move on.

Crap trolling effort btw. Makes you look either illiterate or stupid, or perhaps both
    Moral of the story is, let the bar staff deal with it, as they did correctly by barring them AFTER they caused trouble AFTER warning them. Don't try and go in with a half-assed attempt to be brave then back down cowardly especially before that had done anything. It strikes me that you tulip you pants at the mere site of some young people and panicked trying to be a hero, rather than remaining cool and letting the bar staff deal with it.
    Last edited by kandr; 4 November 2010, 10:15.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Maybe I'm miss reading this but;

There was a group of lads having a good time of a friday night, spending some cash, getting lagered & generally acting like all 20 something lads are want to do (regardless of whether their tops have hoods on).

The landlord seemed happy to be taking their cash although felt the need to tell them to "keep it down" a couple of times. Again standard Friday night pub activity.

YOU decided that this was not acceptable and not only had you taken a dislike to them but went out of your way to interact with them. WTF would you possibly want to play pool with a bunch of half cut kids, whom you didn't like anyway, if not to cause confrontation?

As far as I can tell, they hadn't spoken to you & weren't intentionally bothering you other than generally being a bit noisy - in a pub on a Friday night. The landlord had no qualms about accepting their custom so why did you feel it was your job to interject and put yourself in a position of causing confrontation?

You were the first one to act aggressively and by doing so and then having to back down made yourself look a bit silly. And you wonder why they chuckle when they see "Billy big balls, all mouth and no trousers" glaring at them whenever they're in there enjoying a couple of beers.

You decided they were trouble before they even noticed you and you went out of your way to stir it up.

Or have I read this wrong?

Leave a comment:

• kandr
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

There was a group of lads having a good time of a friday night, spending some cash, getting lagered & generally acting like all 20 something lads are want to do (regardless of whether their tops have hoods on).

The landlord seemed happy to be taking their cash although felt the need to tell them to "keep it down" a couple of times. Again standard Friday night pub activity.

YOU decided that this was not acceptable and not only had you taken a dislike to them but went out of your way to interact with them. WTF would you possibly want to play pool with a bunch of half cut kids, whom you didn't like anyway, if not to cause confrontation?

As far as I can tell, they hadn't spoken to you & weren't intentionally bothering you other than generally being a bit noisy - in a pub on a Friday night. The landlord had no qualms about accepting their custom so why did you feel it was your job to interject and put yourself in a position of causing confrontation?

You were the first one to act aggressively and by doing so and then having to back down made yourself look a bit silly. And you wonder why they chuckle when they see "Billy big balls, all mouth and no trousers" glaring at them whenever they're in there enjoying a couple of beers.

You decided they were trouble before they even noticed you and you went out of your way to stir it up.

+1

I agree, a pub is a place for people to let off steam. When SY say things like "Do we have to just ignore it and not say anything......etc", the answer is yes, because they aren't doing anything wrong, don't go to a pub on a Friday night and expect it to be like a Library.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Pretty much every experienced martial artist I ever head talk about it said the best approach is not to fight. Too much randomness and chance of being hit with a stick from behind.
    you look at that bloke in the clip, he is protected by the doorway, and covering his goolies. Even when the 'ead starts coming in, on a few fakes, he doesnt take up a defensive stance, never mind an aggressive one. I think when his loved ones were threatened (his motor bike and his wheelie bin) and the chav took a swing, he finally decided it was time to act.
    Personally, I would not have let that thug get within 6 feet of me without taking up a fighting position, or slamming the door. In my mind, thats what makes him a hero, he was prepared to take a few blows there. I wouldnt.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X