• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mediocre Monday

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mediocre Monday"

Collapse

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Three weeks. You around for Circular Quay CUK drinkies?
    I am not due down under until next year. Still have Egypt and India on the way. Not sure how long the India contract is for.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    I'll be up for that, i'm 5 minutes away from the quay.
    Cool, I've not actually made it that far yet - got evening conf calls to fit in.
    How about Thurs? I'll start a thread in 'Events'

Melbourne cup today. Entire office gathered in boardroom for champagne and nibbles whilst IT guy fiddled with laptop and projector and failed to get it to show. A few of us left and listened on the radio. All a bit of an anti-climax really!

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Circular Quay drinks

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I'll be up for that, i'm 5 minutes away from the quay.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    How long are you down under for?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    The good think about this week is that the septics are still on daylight saving.

This means that I finish an hour earlier at 8pm rather than 9pm. I think I'll have a pint tonight.

Where I am/was based in the Caribbean they don't do daylight saving so the markets would close at 3:15 local (equity futures) time. If I didn't have anything I was working on there was a grave danger that I would wander down to one of the bars. By the time that ex-mrs HAB caught up with me between 6:30 and 7pm I'd be well into teaching septic cruse passengers the words to the Philosophers Drinking Song. Yes, she did catch us doing that once; she did not find it funny.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Suit yourself.
    You can have my up-vote if you prove you're not making it up

edit: D'oh
    Last edited by d000hg; 1 November 2010, 16:38.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I had the skitters all night, probably after the plate of sambal prawns, and when going to the toilet in the dark managed to break my toe kicking the TV stand as I was running past.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    Testing Tuesday, Shirley?
    You need to get your finger out RC, it looks like Mich is going to get to 10K before you.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Well alright, as long as we follow up with 'What's the point of Wednesday?'
    Or a weekly 'Wilmslow Wednesday'?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Well alright, as long as we follow up with 'What's the point of Wednesday?'

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    May I suggest we start tomorrow with a 'Tedious Tuesday' thread?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    May I suggest we start tomorrow with a 'Tedious Tuesday' thread?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    And as for the person who contributed "How low can we make his rep go down?",

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I was SBLT for a few days. Now every rep in my recent list is red

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Hmm, where do you view those stats. Sounds like a wind-up to me. All I can see is I've 94 points.
    Suit yourself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X