• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Parky had a point

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Parky had a point"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Me too.

Is it because I'm a TOG?
    I picked up Wogan's 'Mustn't Grumble' book in poundland last week for... a pound. Going to be a holiday read this week.

"she was on all fours in the vestry and the man said he was Pastor kidneys"

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Me too.

Is it because I'm a TOGAL?
    ftfy.

From a fellow TOG. That said Sir Terry can't read a teleprompter to save his life!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I think presenters find their level, Norton was funny on a late night off the BBC show where he could make very smutty jokes, put him on radio 2 on week mornings and he fails. Ross was funny on the radio where you want to listen to someone talking crap but his BBC show was terrible. Evans was funny 15 years ago but his morning show is just embarrassing.

I still miss Wogan.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Piers Morgan grilled Cheryl Cole last night. No gimmicks, just hard ball. It would have been entertaining except I find them both irritating

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    But the Jonathan Ross show was all about Jonathan Ross, there are no decent chat shows any more.
    WSS

It was all about making Woss funny.

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    Whenever Ross came on the screen, I changed the channel, I found him so irritating, I thought Graham Norton was quite good, rather watch him than Ross any day.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    I prefer Julian Clary, it is a shame he doesn't seem to be as far up the orifices of the bbc as the others.
    A pale imitation of Kenneth Williams

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    He was good in Father Ted.
    And that was about it.........

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I have NEVER found Graham Norton funny. As he has matured, his act is now simply not quite so far along the Irritation Scale as it once was. Not that I am a fan, but I would sooner watch Wossy anyday of the week than stomach that mincing pretentious little hobbit!
    He was good in Father Ted.

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I have NEVER found Graham Norton funny. As he has matured, his act is now simply not quite so far along the Irritation Scale as it once was. Not that I am a fan, but I would sooner watch Wossy anyday of the week than stomach that mincing pretentious little hobbit!
    I prefer Julian Clary, it is a shame he doesn't seem to be as far up the orifices of the bbc as the others.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Graham Norton was pretty funny a decade ago, very radio 2 now.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Graham Norton was pretty funny a decade ago, very radio 2 now.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Ooh, that's horrible!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    <Nose-in-air><Sniff/>
    See sig
    <Nose-in-air>

Minces off with an air of mock superiority
    http://images2.memegenerator.net/Asi...ntertainer.jpg

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    How do you know he was boring then
    I've seen clips. They might have been decades old though; I wasn't aware he had done more recent stuff (perhaps he hasn't). E.g. the Muhammed Ali interview.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Is Parky forgetting that he was boring too? Never watched him myself.
    How do you know he was boring then

Leave a comment:

Working...
X