• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Young whippersnappers!"

Collapse

• Jakes Daddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    It didn't do much for your spelling though, did it?
    Its all that opium smoking he did - bloody junkies !

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by el duder
    made me laugh en all.

watched whales.
    Too much sprite this morning?

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    made me laugh en all.

watched whales.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    actually, i managed to fit it in by taking a nice little 'career break' for a year once i had a nice 20k in my back pocket. not like most of these toffs who go on mummy and daddies money or come back 10k in debt.

i...

skied and trained off the steeps of the canadian rockies, beach combed, surfed, and ski instructed in australia, bungeed, ice climbed, watched wales, trekked volcanoes in NZ and smoked opium, and chilled with the people of Laos in SEAsia.

life is long. live it.
    It didn't do much for your spelling though, did it?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    actually, i managed to fit it in by taking a nice little 'career break' for a year once i had a nice 20k in my back pocket. not like most of these toffs who go on mummy and daddies money or come back 10k in debt.

i...

skied and trained off the steeps of the canadian rockies, beach combed, surfed, and ski instructed in australia, bungeed, ice climbed, watched wales, trekked volcanoes in NZ and smoked opium, and chilled with the people of Laos in SEAsia.

life is long. live it.
    I like the "watched wales" bit. Must have been a little like watching paint dry, what? Personally I'd rather have watched Scotland.

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    actually..

Originally posted by DaveB
    Sounds like a damn good time to me

i...

life is long. live it.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

not like these cigar smoking, scarf wearing toffs who study, english literature, 'american studies' or philoshophy courses and end up smoking dope with hill tribe people in SE Asia all through their ******* 20/30's..to find themselves.

Sounds like a damn good time to me

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    whats wrong with going to a metropolitan university?

we all had common sense and studied degrees that actually had a relevance to work.

not like these cigar smoking, scarf wearing toffs who study, english literature, 'american studies' or philoshophy courses and end up smoking dope with hill tribe people in SE Asia all through their ******* 20/30's..to find themselves.

i went to a poly/uni, studied a practical degree in I.T and went striahgt into employement for 6years.
    You poor sad bastard. You mean you missed out on the dope smoking with the hill tribes? In favour of working in an office for 6 years?

Leave a comment:

• el duder
    replied
    whats wrong with going to a metropolitan university?

we all had common sense and studied degrees that actually had a relevance to work.

i went to a poly/uni, studied a practical degree in I.T and went striahgt into employement for 6years.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Actually you can't have got a Polytechnic Degree after 1992 cos they all suddenly became Universities overnight.

Point still stands though
    A poly is a poly whatever you call it.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Seem to have had an influx of them recentlly. With their GCSEs, low quality A-levels and Polytechnic degrees, they think they are top of the world. I'm sure they've been inculcated with all the modish "skills": teamwork, communication, creativity etc. etc.

But deep down they're crap and they know it.

Actually you can't have got a Polytechnic Degree after 1992 cos they all suddenly became Universities overnight.

Point still stands though

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    otherwise many lecturers would have empty theatres...
    And how thats differant from the normal state of affairs?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Apparently the need for more and more remedial work on new university entrants has now reached the stage that even Oxford and Cambridge are beginning to whinge about the lack of basic numeracy and literacy of last years intake. The rumour has it that so many failed Xmas exams they couldn't send them all down otherwise many lecturers would have empty theatres...

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    started a topic Young whippersnappers!

Young whippersnappers!

Seem to have had an influx of them recentlly. With their GCSEs, low quality A-levels and Polytechnic degrees, they think they are top of the world. I'm sure they've been inculcated with all the modish "skills": teamwork, communication, creativity etc. etc.

But deep down they're crap and they know it.

Working...
X