• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: IR35 news

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "IR35 news"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    At least if we descend into hyper-inflation you have hedged all of your money in something that will make many Chinese yuans in the doom years to come.
    沒有糞

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I rented and still rent because it enabled me to avoid large debt that would suck up my savings that I otherwise invested in SKA.
    At least if we descend into hyper-inflation you have hedged all of your money in something that will make many Chinese yuans in the doom years to come.

Leave a comment:

• Green Mango
    replied
    I rented and still rent because it enabled me to avoid large debt that would suck up my savings that I otherwise invested in SKA.
    Well at the moment renting is the smart move ...

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Wow, wish I had thought of that, I wouldnt have this £200,000 in equity to worry about...
    Me too. More than that in my case.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    Wow, wish I had thought of that, I wouldnt have this £200,000 in equity to worry about...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Is that why you are still funding my BTL empire?

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Yes it is and it has always been like this.

HTH
    Is that why you are still funding my BTL empire?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied

HTH
    its the rich what gets the gravy
    its the poor what gets the blame
    its the same the whole world over
    aint it all, a f@cking shame

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    I suppose becoming super rich is the only solution

HTH

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Idiots

They were talking about energy & water security being a serious threat forgetting they either sold it off to our traditional enemies or outsourced the management to Bobland.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    I suppose becoming super rich is the only solution

Leave a comment:

• mrdonuts
    replied
    and another thing

they have identified cyber security as a tier 1 threat, yet are quite happy to have tens of thousands of BOBS (i fail to see how they can be properly vetted) working on theri IT systems

the threat is staring them in the face

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You mean like killing 2 birds with one stone?
    No, those are two primary things he thinks they can do to spend less on IT and get more taxes.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    He talks about HMRC there, so the most money they can make is from better IT contracts (pay less for tulip) and chase more tax dodgers.
    You mean like killing 2 birds with one stone?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    How did these two seemingly unrelated topics make it into the same sentence?
    He talks about HMRC there, so the most money they can make is from better IT contracts (pay less for tulip) and chase more tax dodgers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X