• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pillars of the Earth C4"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Wow! Gordon Pinsett still alive! And - according to imDB - Donald Sutherland makes an appearance! The Pillars of the Earth (TV mini-series 2010) - IMDb

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I saw the trailers last week but was put off by it being 2 hours long, and the fact I never heard of the "famous" book or any of the "all star" cast.

Worth a look?
    One of the cast:

Donald Sutherland - he's new I think, never done much before, but his son has.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    I saw the trailers last week but was put off by it being 2 hours long, and the fact I never heard of the "famous" book or any of the "all star" cast.

Worth a look?
    it was published in 1989 and has sold something like 15 million copies which puts it in the all-time-top 100 books in terms of sales. so i think it would be fair to say it is famous. it's a ripping good historical yarn and worth a look. the sequel came out a few years ago and is much in the same vein.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    gamey game

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    the board game is very good. We play it when the family come around. without the incest and the sodomy unfortunately

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied

Worth a look?
    Definitely worth a look & I'd never heard of the book

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Worth a look?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    They used...

... the N word???

I thought that was BANNED.
    You will find that the tone of the board has slipped somewhat since your last spell on here

With winker & puking smilies available, the use of the word norks appears to be the least of this boards problems

It could be something to do with the transition from a real mod like scotspine to these pseudo bedwetting mods who have lowered the tone of the forum

I suppose it's progress

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Found myself watching this last night

Rape
    Murder
    Incest
    Norks
    The "C" word
    Sodomy
    Paedophilia
    They used...

... the N word???

I thought that was BANNED.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Plus coruption, arson, treason, ...

Yeah, all human life was there.
    Might have been commonality of Ian McShane, but it reminded me a bit of Deadwood

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post

Rape
    Murder
    Incest
    Norks
    The "C" word
    Sodomy
    Paedophilia
    That must have lightened your mood.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    A song was being sung in which almost every other word was "*******" the other day, on a terrestrial channel at around 9pm. Some comedy programme or other that I didn't watch.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Plus coruption, arson, treason, ...

Yeah, all human life was there.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    started a topic Pillars of the Earth C4

Pillars of the Earth C4

Rape
    Murder
    Incest
    Norks
    The "C" word
    Sodomy
    Paedophilia

All good prime time viewing.. but a very convoluted storyline - felt like they were trying to cram in a lot of stage setting into the first episode

German/Canadian production about England

Last edited by Troll; 17 October 2010, 09:00.

Working...
X