• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Islamic face-veil part of 'British way of life'"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    I had a part time job at an off-license when I was younger, and I wasn't allowed to serve anyone wearing a motorcycle-helmet due to the CCTV system and insurance requirements, so I don't think veils would have been any different.
    You can refuse to server a Muslim in an off licence on the basis that it's against their religion

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Seems the French have a better approach

yay!!
    The shopkeeper may have overreacted but I'm not entirely sure many shops in the UK will serve you if you wear a full veil. I had a part time job at an off-license when I was younger, and I wasn't allowed to serve anyone wearing a motorcycle-helmet due to the CCTV system and insurance requirements, so I don't think veils would have been any different.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    "Originally Posted by d000hg
    Christianity was brought in ages ago and institutionalised, but there ain't anything English about it"

Apart from maybe the Anglican Church and something to do with Henry VIII?
    And the Crusades. 900 years ago the English king went over there to join in.

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Christianity was brought in ages ago and institutionalised, but there ain't anything English about it
    Apart from maybe the Anglican Church and something to do with Henry VIII?

Leave a comment:

• Flashman
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    BBC News - Merkel says German multicultural society has failed

The normally 'oh so apologetic' (with good reason) Germans have had enough, best stock up on tinned food.
    So it was an experiment after all? Great.

Who's gonna pick up the pieces in places like Tower hamlets now?

PICS AND PUBLISH Tower Hamlets extremist vote poses Ed's first big election test - Telegraph

Lutfur Rahman was sacked by the Labour Party last month as its candidate for mayor of Tower Hamlets amid deep concerns about his links with a Muslim supremacist group, the Islamic Forum of Europe (IFE), and a number of powerful local businessmen

Mr Rahman also signed up entire families of "sham" paper Labour members – some of whom do not even support the party – to win nomination as Labour's candidate.

"Things look very good," said one of his major business backers, Shiraj Haque, a millionaire restaurateur.

Labour sources said the contest between Mr Rahman and their new candidate, Helal Abbas, was "extremely close" and would depend on turnout in Thursday's election.

Unlike a conventional leader, a directly-elected mayor has almost complete power over a council's finances and cannot be controlled, checked or sacked by councillors.

Tower Hamlets moved from a conventional leader system to a mayoralty this year as a result of a campaign spearheaded by the IFE.

In secret filming earlier this year, Abu Talha, an IFE activist, told an undercover reporter for The Sunday Telegraph and Channel 4's Dispatches: "The mayor is going to have a lot more control. That's why we need to get someone, one of our brothers, in there. Which we will do."

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I cannot believe that there are those on here equating islamic and christian ideals, as if you can just mix and match people in a country. They are different cultures, and in some subjects mutually incompatable.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

The normally 'oh so apologetic' (with good reason) Germans have had enough, best stock up on tinned food.
    Beware the Ides of March: Could State Election Spell End for Merkel? - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

HTH

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You mean like in Afrika?
    No.............he means the good old US of A!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    The sooner all these religions decline to obscurity or complete eradication the sooner the world will be a better place.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Wrong login Troll.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Jesus was a wimp then - Muhammad opted for more active self defence it seems. I guess that explains why Christianity is in terminal decline?
    The sooner all these religions decline to obscurity or complete eradication the sooner the world will be a better place.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's not. Try looking outside the UK...
    You mean like in Afrika?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Jesus was a wimp then - Muhammad opted for more active self defence it seems. I guess that explains why Christianity is in terminal decline?
    It's not. Try looking outside the UK...

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Jesus was also a keen gardener. Peas be upon you and lettuce pray.
    Was he a vegeterian as well?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X