• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Islam, the new Nazism ?"

Collapse

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    That's the first sensible point in favour of globalisation I have read.
    From an agent too. The world is becoming scarier as the years go by.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    That's the first sensible point in favour of globalisation I have read.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Not So Wise
    ROFLMAO
    Not paid any attention to the current political climate in the USA have you?

Bush would not even have come close to being reelected without the backing of the various religious groups and now he has another 4 years to continue placeing his underqualified nutjobs in postions of power, like the 24 year old old non graduate, politically appointed NASA PR exec demanding that the Scientists put "theory" after Big Bang to drag it down to the same level as "Inteligent design" for the kids.

The growing power of the religious right/moderates in the USA scares me 100 times more than any muslim fanatic with 10kg of semtex strapped to his chest because the former have already managed to get their idiot to a position where he has a finger on the nukes.

The point that I am making is that democracy waters down the powers of extremists. If the US become too aggressive then it will find itself being "corrected" through International Trade and economics. This will have an effect on business in the US which will feed its way to the ballot baox. The danger with the US is that there is no other economy challenging it.

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Originally posted by eternalnomad
    As we all know, they are a muslim country with a known nuclear capability - they do however appear to be more "westernised" than their middle-eastern cousins.
    From what i am able to determin, their elite/upper society is westernised but the vast majority of the population are not

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    which makes the USA's agenda to impose capitalist democracy on the rest of the world al the more sensible. It is no coincidence that the wealthier a nation the less influence religion exerts.
    ROFLMAO
    Not paid any attention to the current political climate in the USA have you?

Bush would not even have come close to being reelected without the backing of the various religious groups and now he has another 4 years to continue placeing his underqualified nutjobs in postions of power, like the 24 year old old non graduate, politically appointed NASA PR exec demanding that the Scientists put "theory" after Big Bang to drag it down to the same level as "Inteligent design" for the kids.

The growing power of the religious right/moderates in the USA scares me 100 times more than any muslim fanatic with 10kg of semtex strapped to his chest because the former have already managed to get their idiot to a position where he has a finger on the nukes.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by eternalnomad
    Hi BGG,

I must admit that was a first rate post with some interesting predictions - it certainly gave me much to think about.

I would be interested to know where you think Pakistan would figure in all this.

As we all know, they are a muslim country with a known nuclear capability - they do however appear to be more "westernised" than their middle-eastern cousins.
    I think Pakistan have their own problems Worshippers Die in Pakistan Blast.

At least 10 people have been killed and many injured in north-western Pakistan in a suspected suicide bomb attack on a religious procession.
    The explosion tore through a crowd of Shia Muslims marking the festival of Ashura in the town of Hangu in North-West Frontier Province.

One report said the devotees were also sprayed with gunfire.

Troops were sent to restore order and a curfew was imposed after angry pilgrims reacted by burning shops and cars.

Pakistan's Interior Minister Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao said: "Right now we are hearing that eight to 10 people were killed, but these reports are still to be confirmed."

The explosion erupted in a bazaar as hundreds of people processed from the main Shia mosque.

"We thought the bomb was detonated by remote control, but now it appears to be a suicide attack," local police chief Ayub Khan told the Associated Press news agency.

The BBC's Barbara Plett said the number of dead could rise further because so many people were injured.

Maulana Khurshid Anwar, a leader of the Shia procession, told AP the explosion happened just as he was about to address the crowd.

Ashura marks the death of the Prophet Muhammad's grandson Imam Hussein, an event that led to the split between Shia and Sunni Muslims.

The festival has frequently been marred by attacks on Pakistan's minority Shias by suspected Sunni militants.

Leave a comment:

• eternalnomad
    replied
    Originally posted by Board Game Geek
    With recent (the cartoon incidents) and not so recent (London Bombings, 9/11), it seems that Islam is on a collision course with the Western governments and many parallels with the Nazi Party are beginning to emerge.......….

Hi BGG,

I must admit that was a first rate post with some interesting predictions - it certainly gave me much to think about.

I would be interested to know where you think Pakistan would figure in all this.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    Not a sequitur. Some would say, life is not fair so let's do our best to make it fairer.
    How?

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by John Galt
    No, life is not fair but it's the only one you get so make the best of it that you can.
    Not a sequitur. Some would say, life is not fair so let's do our best to make it fairer.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt
    "The abolition of the Church and the State must be the first and
    indispensable condition of the true liberation of society; only after this
    can society be organised in another manner, but not from the top downwards
    and according to some ideal plan, dreamed up by a few sages and scholars,
    and certainly not by decrees issued by some dictatorial power or even by
    a national assembly elected by universal suffrage. As I have already
    shown, such a system would lead inevitably to the creation of a new state,
    and consequently to the formation of a governemental aristocracy, that is
    to say a whole class of individuals having nothing in common with the mass
    of the people, which would immediately begin to exploit and subdue that
    people in the name of the commonwealth or in order to save the State."
    Society will always be organised from the top downwards because not all men are equal and no amount of political rhetoric will make it so. The only way a mass society will ever work is when people take responsibility for and pride in their own actions and applaud the achievements of others without jealousy or rancour. Many of the problems these days are caused by the universal cry of 'it's not fair'. No, life is not fair but it's the only one you get so make the best of it that you can.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Sounds a bit Marxist that does.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    "God being master, man is the slave."

"The abolition of the Church and the State must be the first and
    indispensable condition of the true liberation of society; only after this
    can society be organised in another manner, but not from the top downwards
    and according to some ideal plan, dreamed up by a few sages and scholars,
    and certainly not by decrees issued by some dictatorial power or even by
    a national assembly elected by universal suffrage. As I have already
    shown, such a system would lead inevitably to the creation of a new state,
    and consequently to the formation of a governemental aristocracy, that is
    to say a whole class of individuals having nothing in common with the mass
    of the people, which would immediately begin to exploit and subdue that
    people in the name of the commonwealth or in order to save the State."

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Once upon a time

Originally posted by darmstadt
    I used to work with Alf once upon a time
    you dressed so fine
    You threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you?
    People'd call, say, "Beware doll, you're bound to fall"
    You thought they were all kiddin' you
    You used to laugh about
    Everybody that was hangin' out
    Now you don't talk so loud
    Now you don't seem so proud
    About having to be scrounging for your next meal.

How does it feel
    How does it feel
    To be without a home
    Like a complete unknown
    Like a rolling stone?

etc..

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    Only joshing
    I used to work with Alf once upon a time

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    If you want to hear some real nutcases (on both sides), listen to tonight's edition of The Moral Maze...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/radio...dio4/moralmaze

Leave a comment:

Working...
X