• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brits' sense of humour fails at the age of 52"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    It might be connected to decline in libido as all the best jokes are dirty, about huge bums and fannies etc

I actually invented a joke the other day.

Richard Gere is guesting on Top Gear
    Come the time for shooting, Clarkson is running around in a panic saying has anyone seen Hammond?
    Last edited by xoggoth; 8 October 2010, 09:45.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    my dad used to say that.
    he said if you heard a funny joke you might laugh for ages, but if you saw an old lady fall down a coal-hole you would probably split your sides

Didn't she do well?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Probably. As you get up to SB's age, you probably think, that could be me next!
    I am still more than happy to laugh at others' misfortunes.
    I think, "Thank Fook that is not me......silly old buffer!!"
    Anyway, I think I will make a fantastic old curmudgeon. My life thus far has been building up to it. And I am well on track!!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Perhaps older people find less amusement in other's misfortunes? After all isn't that what laughing is all about? What is a joke without a victim? And displaying of teeth, etc.
    my dad used to say that.
    he said if you heard a funny joke you might laugh for ages, but if you saw an old lady fall down a coal-hole you would probably split your sides

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Perhaps older people find less amusement in other's misfortunes? After all isn't that what laughing is all about? What is a joke without a victim? And displaying of teeth, etc.
    Probably. As you get up to SB's age, you probably think, that could be me next!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Incredible! That must mean there's some very old posters on here.

Also, is not being born with a sense of humour a disability? If so, I feel guilty for winding up Pogle & Fitzy

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Hey??? I am 52................and I don't find this very funny!!
    Oh...wait a minute....yes I do!!

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    It's not just the Brits. Sheila DikSh1t is Indian, over 52 and she hasnt had a laugh for years

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    I don't believe it!

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    started a topic Brits' sense of humour fails at the age of 52

Brits' sense of humour fails at the age of 52

Sminki

Working...
X