• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Doomed! Benched contractor living on food handouts from charity!"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Did you work in a morgue?

IGMC
    Oi AtW, give this to MF.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    One morning the other contractor in the office was killed in a freak train accident. He still made it in by ten!
    Did you work in a morgue?

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Doctors and dentists are going to make a killing out of the coming recession.
    Eh? Why?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    I suspect there are 1000s like this, caught out by the turgid economy and the rise of bob. But unlikely to get much empathy here from the permie bogus contractor set!
    Your on the wrong site if you want sympathy. I once made it to work for six weeks with a broken leg. One morning the other contractor in the office was killed in a freak train accident. He still made it in by ten!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sara is keen to point out that neither she nor her husband smoke or drink, and that the family had been using vouchers from newspapers for their last few holidays. - But you still managed a holiday.Ok??
    You can have a holiday for about £20,

Unable to claim benefits, Why? Oh because you earn to much and have assets!!!!!
    Like a house with a big mortgage?

Nice to see these organisations exist, anyway. I doubt she would have gone to them unless as a last option, whatever you think.... typical proud English.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Doctors and dentists are going to make a killing out of the coming recession.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    What's a foodbank?
    What is a foodbank?

A foodbank gives three days of nutritionally balanced food and support to people experiencing emotional or financial crisis. Our foodbank network is mobilising communities across the UK to meet the needs of their neighbours by setting up a foodbank in their own town.
    The Trussell Trust - The foodbank

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    I suspect there are 1000s like this, caught out by the turgid economy and the rise of bob. But unlikely to get much empathy here from the permie bogus contractor set!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    ...The experience of visiting her local foodbank left her amazed and humbled".
    What's a foodbank?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "Suddenly we had no income and had used up all our savings. Any money we did have went quickly on paying the mortgage, and our credit cards were also maxed out." - Terrible news

Sara is keen to point out that neither she nor her husband smoke or drink, and that the family had been using vouchers from newspapers for their last few holidays. - But you still managed a holiday.Ok??

"We cut back on as many things as we could. Our first plan was to sell the car, as it's worth a fair bit, but we couldn't. Nobody wanted to buy it." Hey? Easy to sell a car, take an offer???

Unable to claim benefits, Why? Oh because you earn to much and have assets!!!!! and having previously donated to the Trussell Trust through her children's school harvest festival, What a ******* tin of beans! Sara eventually resorted to using it herself at the end of August. The experience of visiting her local foodbank left her amazed and humbled".

FFS!! You're just not trying!!!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Is the same Sara from BBC debt diary?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    Exactly. I stopped reading after that line... what a twat, of course you can sell it luv, try reducing the price.
    Any cut price Bentley Brooklands going?

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Exactly. I stopped reading after that line... what a twat, of course you can sell it luv, try reducing the price.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    "We cut back on as many things as we could. Our first plan was to sell the car, as it's worth a fair bit, but we couldn't. Nobody wanted to buy it."
    She's just not trying hard enough.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    There's loads of MoD work around Salisbury, I'm always seeing job adds.

I bet he can't get passed the SC conundrum.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X