• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Friday Fun: Best meal you ever had?"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    A cousin's wedding feast was my first experience of fine eating. Absolutely gorgeous and no expense spared.

Lots of good meals in France, one of the best being a nondescript family restaurant one lunchtime which was full of builders. Not posh but great grub. The full sea food platter in Paris which was a reward for helping a permie out of a jam was great too. We had a prolonged lunchtime there and were so busy eating and talking that just one bottle of wine was more than enough.

When I was in Yorkshire I was lucky enough to have a decent variety of good spots on hand. The home grown ham from pigs fed on beer slops was excellent.

As far as meals on the move go, British Midland were always good and a Lufthansa meal after a 6 month stint in the sticks with boring bland food was like paradise.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Oh you should live a little

How are you btw?
    Ok, obviously two different 3 Michelin stars restaurants aren't living a little

btw my vote went for a non descriptive Portuguese shack by the sea (and yes I have eaten at both the 3 Michelin places on a few occasions)

As for me, looking forward to a short break and finding a new job and a recipe for curried goat.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Says the man who's picked a restaurant that's more expensive than the Fat Duck and Waterside Inn combined

I don't see the point in getting blind drunk where good food and good wine are concerned.
    Oh you should live a little

How are you btw?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

I've always stuck to the principle that if I'm going to get blind drunk I want the vomit to taste good on the way out.
    Says the man who's picked a restaurant that's more expensive than the Fat Duck and Waterside Inn combined

I don't see the point in getting blind drunk where good food and good wine are concerned.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I think even Threaded is getting bored with himself.

Why don't you pop back Threaded before I start leaking Fiddles images over every Gricer post :

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Simple. Best meal ever is a bender in a bun followed by a Knickerbocker Glory with my chum Malc at our local Wimpy.
    Try to keep your sockie at least slightly consistent. Is this you giving up?

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Simple. Best meal ever is a bender in a bun followed by a Knickerbocker Glory with my chum Malc at our local Wimpy.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    New local place just opened up across the road from where I used to live.

Had the wild boar, venison and rabbit hot pot - outstanding. I'm seriously thinking about moving back there, the wine list is outstanding too. Not to mention the twenty eight day cured steaks, the best Stornoway black pudding I've ever tasted and they've opened a deli so I can take it all home and cook myself.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    The one I had this past Monday night was not too shabby.

A Turkish BBQ place up on Stoke Newington High St called Testi

Great Meze accompanied by hot flat bread that had been rubbed with the hot meat off the charcoal grill

Had a Kofte like thing that had been wrapped in thin flatbread. They also do a great side dish of grilled onions that were served in a v nice sauce (pomegranate and lemon?)

And if you were wondering they do serve a 'special' that you can work out from the Resturant name.

Leave a comment:

• Lea
    replied
    sounds really sad - but Pizza express do a pizza with caramalised onions with a hole in the middle filled with salad ...

WOW YUMMY WOW

and Subway - just plain salad on honey oat with no lettuce - topped with honey mustard dressing .... HMMMMMMMM

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by singhr View Post
    back in the day I ate sushi off a naked Japanese girl, It was hard to know where the main course finished and the desert began.
    Sounds like you enjoyed the Fish course!!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Roadside cafe in Fiji was pretty awesome curry, but I'd definitely recommend Vila Joya if you are in the Algarve.

Most of the best meals are linked to other good memories...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Clams in garlic and white wine followed by the biggest king prawns I'd ever seen, in a small non descript restaurant by the sea in Portugal.

A local restaurant does the best rabbit ragu.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Mrs. W's Vindaloo or Madras leftovers for Sunday breakfast.

Mmmmmmm

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by singhr View Post
    back in the day I ate sushi off a naked Japanese girl, It was hard to know where the main course finished and the desert began.
    Chocolate cake for pudding Sir?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X