• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Paris or London?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Paris or London?"

Collapse

Guest replied
    Blimey, I could have 32 royal families for that!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    if London gets it there will be an "Olympics Surcharge" on my council tax bill for the next 10 years.
    About £20 per year. That's £2 for the Olympics and £18 to feed the newts.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I hope it's Paris. For a start, as I live in south-west London it will probably be easier and quicker for me to get to the site in Paris, plus if London gets it there will be an "Olympics Surcharge" on my council tax bill for the next 10 years.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Now it really is between London and Paris. Moscow, New York and Madrid have been eliminated.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Piss off you provincial Oik
    :rollin

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    both citizens of London and Paris have an overinflated ego, not good for any games .
    London or Paris are no more the center of the world

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I wonder if I would be able to let my flat to some rich official for £5k a week:lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    care to speculate what will happen to the price of prpoerty there shuld London get the games?
    Up or up?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Quite a few here has property interests in East London. Would anybody care to speculate what will happen to the price of prpoerty there shuld London get the games?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    As Bliar is now furiously involved and has declined to comment on Chirac's remark about food, I reckon he must believe that we're now in with a good chance. Lots of favours changing hands - bit of Cambellism with the announcement of that website saying we're now favourites.

It will be an unmitigated disaster and you know it will not be Londoners paying for this - it will be everyone...

... and it begs the question of why they cannot sum up the same enthusiasm to sort out transport in the SE in the first place.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    ma

drid

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    London, of course

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Paris or London?

Paris or London?

Discuss, Abuse Chico & Franco, or whatever.

I'm not asking "Which city do you want to get the games?", I asking "Which city do you think will get the games?"

My thought is that Paris will get it.

Working...
X