• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bob delivers

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bob delivers"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Latest;

Phillips Idowu's pulled out.

BBC Sport - English trio pull out of Commonwealth Games

Well, that was probably the biggest star of the games. World discus champion's pulled out too.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I heard an Indian official saying that this morning. Laughed my b*ll*cks off I did.
    When I went to India and got sick, lots of Indians told me it was because westerners are not accustomed to ‘the spicy food’.

Sure. Nothing to do with giardia, cryptosporidium, clostridium or any other perfectly innocent deadly pathogen transmitted by cooks wiping their arses without bogroll then preparing food without washing their hands. Nothing at all to do with that, no it´s a little bit of extra cumin and paprika powder that causes dysentery. Yep, you heard it here first.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Dave Currie - India!!

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    An official said "complaints could be due to "cultural differences".

"Everyone has different standards about cleanliness. The Westerners have different standards, we have different standards"
    I heard an Indian official saying that this morning. Laughed my b*ll*cks off I did.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    An official said "complaints could be due to "cultural differences".

"Everyone has different standards about cleanliness. The Westerners have different standards, we have different standards"

New Zealand chef de mission Dave Currie has suggested the Games might even have to be cancelled.

He told New Zealand commercial radio on Tuesday: "If the village is not ready and athletes can't come, obviously the implications of that are that it's not going to happen."

Sounds like a sensible chap. Protect your athletes; a nasty stomach or intestinal infection could ruin their chances at more important and lucrative tournaments. Many of the athletes make their living (often a very basic living) out of their sport and can't afford to lose a year or so due to illness. Looks to me like the world, and India itself, is finally getting a reminder that however strong India's economic growth, however huge it's IT companies, it's still a third world country, and in the third world, basic stuff like building, cleaning and hygiene generally isn't much good.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    couldn't they run?
    They'll bloody well have to when they get diarrhoea.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Let's hope the rickshaws are in good working order or the athletes won't get to the stadia.
    couldn't they run?

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Before we get too snooty though, we have to remember our building projects haven't been covered in glory - think of that wobbly bridge across the Thames, and the toilet fiasco at Wembley. Let's hope we don't mess up the Olympics!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I think it's very sad. I was in Delhi in April, and there was so much work going on - pavements being laid, new roads, generally massive amounts of money being spent. Our tour guide talked excitedly about the games and I thought they would give the country a real boost. It's a shame it's got so late before anyone has thought to check on readiness. To have spent all that money and not get the positive return when so many people are so desperately poor would be terrible.

But yes, it does have echoes of clientCo's software project.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Apparently it's the new long jump pit.
    Sounds cleaner than the one in my local park!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Apparently it's the new long jump pit.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    There was some report about dogs living in the buildings. Twas probably them.
    Lucky it wasn't elephants.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Who is it that is using the buildings as a lavatory anyway? The builders? The organisers? Maybe they considered the toilets too dirty.
    There was some report about dogs living in the buildings. Twas probably them.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Who'd have thought you can be both a cowboy and an Indian?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    That will be fixed in a couple of days too.
    Who is it that is using the buildings as a lavatory anyway? The builders? The organisers? Maybe they considered the toilets too dirty.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X