• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Diary of an Agent

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Diary of an Agent"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    So, contractors bitch about agents being thick and useless, agents bitch about clients.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    From that link the agent claimed to have had a "...baron period...".
    It was actually a "baron spell". So at least there's some irony to it.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Wilmsloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww wwww!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Must have had a few Barron Knights in his time.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    From that link the agent claimed to have had a "...baron period...".
    So I'm thinking some thicko who went to public school.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    started a topic Diary of an Agent

Diary of an Agent

Come on, own up. Who actually wrote this. I recognise some of the writing styles.
    I think I’ve blown the competition out of the water. The role was intensely complex, and whilst they selected two people to interview (I made one submission), the other turned out to be unable to speak English in any more depth than “hello” and “goodbye”
    Lunch! The wife has made baguettes again.
    Bad news follows though – news filters through that one of my long term relationships has been diagnosed with an aggressive form of Cancer ... I speak to the client and we come to an agreement that we will split the cost of allowing him to leave with 2 months day rate in his pocket – he’s been with me for 3 years, so I think it’s only fair.
    Hilarious episode. Candidate who lives in Halifax who I’d wanted to put forward for the job in Manchester, wasn’t selected for interview
    Resist temptation to get said pint, and head home - I’m glad I did – come home to find that cat has decided to pick on a wood pigeon.
    Answers on a postcard please.

Working...
X