• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Massive Mini targets family car market"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    Just been for a test drive in one, well she drove and I got out half way through at a pub to watch the football.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I expect it was the Chelsea tractor brigade who were laughing.
    You are undoubtedly right.

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    We hired a tiny little Subaru Justy 4x4 whilst visiting Gozo, that was a fantastic and capable little hatchback.
    When I lived a hilly and snow prone area of Yorkshire I had a mate who swore by his little Justy. He could have afforded something bigger but preferred to spend his money on other things. Another mate lived down an unmade road and had a 4x4 Panda. Not glamourous but he had a couple of teenage daughters wanting to learn to drive and the insurance didn't cost him an arm and a leg.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    Is this now the new 'Maxi'?

I'm looking forward to BMW revamping the Allegro and Marina next.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    It's always been quite popular in the Alps and Dolomites, where people, perhaps by necessity, have a slightly more practical attitude to these things.
    I expect it was the Chelsea tractor brigade who were laughing.

We hired a tiny little Subaru Justy 4x4 whilst visiting Gozo, that was a fantastic and capable little hatchback.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    The Fiat Panda 4x4 was a true mini 4x4 and that bombed to howls of laughter by everyone as well.
    Except in Italy where it's incredibly popular in rural areas that get a bit of snow in winter.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    The Fiat Panda 4x4 was a true mini 4x4 and that bombed to howls of laughter by everyone as well.
    It's always been quite popular in the Alps and Dolomites, where people, perhaps by necessity, have a slightly more practical attitude to these things.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    for Brits, historically, mini was a concept

for the rest of the world, today, mini is a brand owned by bmw

do not forget, the krauts ain't daft, this ain't a velsatis or the two door equivalent

i am sure, this will be very successful

by the way apparently there's a velsatis replacement coming

and what about the long overdue new omega (or carlton for the older ones) equivalent replacement due out at some time ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    It's a medium 4*4.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    It's a mini 4*4.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The guy explained that there were loads of 20 somethings that got the mini in their 20s and are now popping sprogs, they liked the mini but could not make the jump to the BMW family cars so were shifting to VWs.
    But it's no longer a Mini.

If Fiat built a 4.1 meter long 5 door Cinquecento the public would reject it as a joke, this is 'stretching' the original concept a little too far IMO.

I bet it has an iPad dock.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    The guy explained that there were loads of 20 somethings that got the mini in their 20s and are now popping sprogs, they liked the mini but could not make the jump to the BMW family cars so were shifting to VWs.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Seen one a couple of months ago, we are getting one in a couple of weeks.

It truly is massive.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X