• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A truly useful function for this site"

Collapse

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W

If you're really lazy, try the old fake vague job on Jobserve trick. The desperate litle scrotes will come running.
    That's a question for DA. Confess! How many fake job ads did you put on jobserve? Be honest.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Plus I really need to show bottom line value and contractors are too expensive.
    sasguru is a traitor and needs to be punished

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Ah that's the spirit i like to see on this site.

Leave a comment:

• privateeye
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Would be to publish the names of companies giving details of how their supplier process works and which agencies are on the PSL.

Obvioulsly this would cost, but you could seperate the information off into a "subscription only" section.

Not useful for me you understand
    How much will you pay a dodgy privateeye for all that info

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    how their supplier process works and which agencies are on the PSL.

Sounds Groovy to me DA although I haven't got a clue what it means.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Would be to publish the names of companies giving details of how their supplier process works and which agencies are on the PSL.

Obvioulsly this would cost, but you could seperate the information off into a "subscription only" section.

Not useful for me you understand
    If you want this kind of information a good idea is to phone round a number of Contractors on your books and pretend you've got a few contracts on the go. Then, casually, drift the conversation onto some of their previous roles, who the key players were, what suppliers and agencies they use, what they are upto at the moment etc. You could even try the old "did you work for Dave Smith .. no .. who did you work for then" trick - your average dumbass contractor won't spot what you're up to.

If you're really lazy, try the old fake vague job on Jobserve trick. The desperate litle scrotes will come running.

Finally, you could try registering with rival Agencies under an assumed name and pump their Agents for what PSLs they are on.

There's food for thought eh?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    correction, you do until June
    Is that from January or April?

Churchill - In "Sick of fecking paying" mode!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    No.
    correction, you do until June

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by snaw
    You don't work for the government do you?
    No.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    You need to engage in some creative accounting, sasguru. Hire a couple of contractors and make sure their cost comes out of the capital expenditure budget - you will be a hero for getting the job done without hitting the operational expenditure budget.
    We're seen as mainly experimental at the moment. But you're right, I need to improve my political skills.

Leave a comment:

• snaw
    replied
    It's just the speciality we're in. I don't think our line of business will take off for a while. For now its a struggle just to show value.
    You don't work for the government do you?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Not quite the right thing to say on this site?
    Well I used to be one (i.e. contractor). We all know how it works.
    It's just the speciality we're in. I don't think our line of business will take off for a while. For now its a struggle just to show value.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    Firm I work for has a hiring freeze on at the moment, so I don't have the budget. Existing permies seem to be coping though. Clever chaps, including 2 Oxbridge PhDs.

You need to engage in some creative accounting, sasguru. Hire a couple of contractors and make sure their cost comes out of the capital expenditure budget - you will be a hero for getting the job done without hitting the operational expenditure budget.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Firm
    Not quite the right thing to say on this site?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Which reminds me SAS, when are you going to start taking contractors from me?
    Firm I work for has a hiring freeze on at the moment, so I don't have the budget. Existing permies seem to be coping though. Clever chaps, including 2 Oxbridge PhDs.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X