• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "WTF? France starting up?"

Collapse

• John Galt
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Aye JG

Perhaps Mailman could be detained under the Dangerously Disororganised Criminal Act.
    Bless him!

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by John Galt
    Careful Mailman - with remarks like that you will have a team of men hut hut hutting down the side of your building and forcefully inviting you to spend some time at his Blair's pleasure for inciting something
    Aye JG

Perhaps Mailman could be detained under the Dangerously Disororganised Criminal Act.

Leave a comment:

• John Galt
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    If anything what these cartoons have highlighted is just how inflexible and unreasonable Islam is!

I still believe the dutch are quite a relaxed people...its just the others they have let in that still believe they are living in crapblackistan that are inflexible. These people need to realise they aint in their home countries anymore and if they find it so intolerable they can always move back to where they came from (bet that will shut a lot of them up!).

Mailman
    Careful Mailman - with remarks like that you will have a team of men hut hut hutting down the side of your building and forcefully inviting you to spend some time at his Blair's pleasure for inciting something

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    If anything what these cartoons have highlighted is just how inflexible and unreasonable Islam is!

I still believe the dutch are quite a relaxed people...its just the others they have let in that still believe they are living in crapblackistan that are inflexible. These people need to realise they aint in their home countries anymore and if they find it so intolerable they can always move back to where they came from (bet that will shut a lot of them up!).

Mailman
    I still believe the dutch are quite a relaxed people...

Unsure if that observation is based upon a weekend in Amsterdams coffee shops, but I can tell you that having worked in various cities inthe NL over a period of three years the Dutch are far from relaxed.

They are petty, vindictive and have never a good word to say about anybody,they spend the whole day complaining, which seems to be a national sport or droning on and on and on at pointless endless meetings.

I have added the Netherlands to my blacklist accordingly.

NB There are also coffeshops in Brussels, however they exist unofficaly, so you are unliely to know about then unless you frequent the Brussels underworld.

Undercover of the night I have discovered two in my area, one which is mainly full of 70 year old Morrocans selling hashish, and another with young chaps with baseball caps selling home grown grass.

If course I plan to make a citizens arrest,manyana man.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 2 February 2006, 14:44.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• sappatz
    replied
    islam

the editor in chief of France-soir has been sacked . so much for the freedom of press in France

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4672642.stm

read what another British (AL-ARAB AL-ALAMIYAH ) newspaper says :

"The printing of offensive cartoons by the Danish newspaper is an insult to Islam and has crystallized the conflict between Europe and the Arabs. "

Leave a comment:

• Rebecca Loos
    replied
    well he made a stand and that cost him his job

respect to that particular frog

as Mailman said, the arab's reaction is quite telling....
    mind you, it may only be their governments and press (same thing) that are up in arms, maybe their population do not give a sh1t - after all, our own press is not adverse to presenting things in a particular angle suiting them either, are they..........

Rebecca in "don't believe the truth!" mode

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    I see the editor from le frog has been fired by the owner (who is an egyptian ).

So much for freedom of the press eh.

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    That posting was intended to be humourous DA? Darn, I was just about to say I agreed with it entirely.

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    They are brave, the French, aren't they?

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Whats more telling is the reaction to those images being posted. Murder threats, bombing scares, intimidation...so much for being the religion of peace.

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    The Norwegians have followed suit.

Bet the UK doesn't, though.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    And what would it have been had Afghanistan been left alone? A free market democracy that had clamped down on all drug manufacturing activities, had closed all its terrorist training camps and chucked out/hanged members of AlQuaeda?

There may be a case against the invasion of Iraq, but Afghanistan had to go.
    The point is that the US have allowed the Heroin trade to boom this was the price for the Warlords partiicaption in the war against the Taliban.

A US spokeman said at the problem that Heroin exportation was not a big issue for the USA, well yes, but it is for the UK.

And Mr Blair has smugly did nothing to stop the trade for fear of upsetting his future circuit tours of the US , no doubt.

Finally ,wasnt Al Queda a cold war creation of the CIA and MI5, of course in those days we called them Afghan Freedom Fighters.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 1 February 2006, 14:41.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    Good points Snaw, unfortunately our dependency on Middle East goods such as Oil and Heroin makes that highly unlikely.

Good to see some deserved criticism of that awful Saudi regieme.

Every Briton should feel disgrace at the obscene amount of arms sold to that awful country by the UK.

Ditto with the fact that the Taliban eradicated Heroin production from Afghanistan, sadly the US has turned a blind eye to the Warlords who are now exporting their deadly harvest in massive amounts to the UK.

The war has not created a democracy in Afghanistan but a Narcotocracy.

Another fine mess Mr Blair ...
    And what would it have been had Afghanistan been left alone? A free market democracy that had clamped down on all drug manufacturing activities, had closed all its terrorist training camps and chucked out/hanged members of AlQuaeda?

There may be a case against the invasion of Iraq, but Afghanistan had to go.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Oh tulip

Originally posted by expat
    Cue AtW...
    I didn't know he had a heroin problem.... (heroine possibly....)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X