• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Using maggots to clean wounds..."

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If you took that little head part away, it would look a bit like a wafer type crunchy biscuit thing. Mmmmm.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Take another look at that picture of the maggot - it seems to have a smaller maggot crawling on it.

Is it sad to wonder if the smaller maggot has an even smaller maggot on it... etc?

Or is my brain boggled by thoughts of the infinite universe?
    We are stardust...

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Take another look at that picture of the maggot - it seems to have a smaller maggot crawling on it.

Is it sad to wonder if the smaller maggot has an even smaller maggot on it... etc?

Or is my brain boggled by thoughts of the infinite universe?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Its like being harried by 2 withered, yet still twittering, sparrows.
    Well you'd know all about that. Your weedy frame is the target of choice for all manner of woodland creatures that fancy their chances.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    The Bird Brains of Britain, SB and Spod, strike again.
    Its like being harried by 2 withered, yet still twittering, sparrows.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    You have clearly not had one yet. You are still a complete tool!!

He's a wedge.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    At least I might have some use for a vasectomy
    You have clearly not had one yet. You are still a complete tool!!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Ask SASGURU.
    At least I might have some use for a vasectomy. Unlike you.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    That must be a very delicate operation to do a vasectomy on a maggot
    Ask SASGURU.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I knew they used maggots to clean infected wounds very successfully and it is one of those treatments that doesn't sound very pleasant but gotta put up with it but if they showed this picture of the buggers before they dropped them in I am sure there would a lot less takers!!!

YuK!

Scaning Electron Microscope picture of maggots head
    “The maggots of this fly are used medicinally to clean wounds. The maggots are sterilised and placed in the wound”
    That must be a very delicate operation to do a vasectomy on a maggot

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Looks like a really average Doctor Who costume from the 70's.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Some great photos in that set.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I knew they used maggots to clean infected wounds very successfully and it is one of those treatments that doesn't sound very pleasant but gotta put up with it but if they showed this picture of the buggers before they dropped them in I am sure there would a lot less takers!!!

YuK!

I think I may have pulled her. She looks great after 15 pints.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied

YuK!

Well they are sterile and not just any fly blown eggs!

They only eat the dead flesh anyway. And, as the flesh is dead, you dont feel a thing.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Fantastic. Like a little Warlus. (warus, walllrus oh sod it)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X