• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone else working this weekend?"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Last year was a bad year, but a good year in the fact that it was the divorce that provided the impetus to revalue my life and its goals.

CUK has always been there during my company’s lifetime, from the fledgling times of being a contractor via an agency to now, being a full bona fide SME tackling the big risks of B2B.

CUK has been the major provider of business news, important legal issues, market information and the revelation of agency nonsense for me and for that I must give thanks.

To be honest, I think if one was attempting to enter the field of contracting it would be harder without a resource such as this.

On a more personal note, despite the issues I had last year regarding the divorce, I really meant what I said to d000gh today about this forum being a salve of anonymous cartharsism. I know the administrator (and a couple of older subscribers such as Lucifer Box, gooner etc) probably know my identity, but there’s a nice feeling about sharing ideas, rants and humour on a common platform such as this.

So for all those that post and mod here, including Nick Fitz’s enhancements, I raise my glass of relatively inexpensive Cab Sav and salute you all for what is CUK.

Cheers!
    Admin arsekisser!!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ah fook off yer soft sh1te.
    Are you on whiskeys again?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Last year was a bad year, but a good year in the fact that it was the divorce that provided the impetus to revalue my life and its goals.

CUK has always been there during my company’s lifetime, from the fledgling times of being a contractor via an agency to now, being a full bona fide SME tackling the big risks of B2B.

CUK has been the major provider of business news, important legal issues, market information and the revelation of agency nonsense for me and for that I must give thanks.

To be honest, I think if one was attempting to enter the field of contracting it would be harder without a resource such as this.

On a more personal note, despite the issues I had last year regarding the divorce, I really meant what I said to d000gh today about this forum being a salve of anonymous cartharsism. I know the administrator (and a couple of older subscribers such as Lucifer Box, gooner etc) probably know my identity, but there’s a nice feeling about sharing ideas, rants and humour on a common platform such as this.

So for all those that post and mod here, including Nick Fitz’s enhancements, I raise my glass of relatively inexpensive Cab Sav and salute you all for what is CUK.

Cheers!
    Ah fook off yer soft sh1te.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Thought you had gone for good to be honest hyperD, you were away (or only on every so often) for quite a while. Missed the avatar a lot! Was it the divorce that kept you away from the board then or hard to get on here at last gig?

Cheers!

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    My skin is thick enough - go on, say what you want to say, I've been on this board for ages so just let rip!
    Thought you had gone for good to be honest hyperD, you were away (or only on every so often) for quite a while. Missed the avatar a lot! Was it the divorce that kept you away from the board then or hard to get on here at last gig?

Was good to see you and ratewhore back about the same kind of time - although he seems to have wandered off again now.

As for working today... House work earlier (clearing out garage and dumping a load of old tat plus sorting other tat into ebay / car boot boxes) and now on for VAT return and other paperwork. Not even invoiceable

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'll come back and take it out on you next time some berk irks me

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    It's one of the things this forum appeals to me and is why I come back to it each day: anonymous catharcism.

Anytime you feel frustrated, feel free to vent at me d000hg - you'll feel better, trust me. That's what I do with posting all my nonsense! I don't mind and certainly don't engage in derogatory replies for the sake of it.

Right, a nice thick rump steak beckons to me followed by a large glass of Aussie Cab Sav, flash fried on a griddle for 1 min each side followed by some french fries made with a secret recipe to keep them soft on the inside, ultra crispy on the outside.

Have a fun weekend CUKers!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Oh come on, spill it out man! You've got me all intrigued, like! I promise I'll be nice back, despite anything you say about me! Honest!

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    I've forgotten it now.
    Oh come on, spill it out man! You've got me all intrigued, like! I promise I'll be nice back, despite anything you say about me! Honest!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I've forgotten it now.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    The way you post here... [actually I'm going to snip this, don't know if your skin is thick enough ]
    My skin is thick enough - go on, say what you want to say, I've been on this board for ages so just let rip!
    Last edited by hyperD; 21 August 2010, 17:14.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'm working - every little helps ... in paying off the costs of divorce. The bitch.
    The way you post here... [actually I'm going to snip this, don't know if your skin is thick enough ]

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    I'm working - every little helps ... in paying off the costs of divorce. The bitch.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I am working late nights and weekends

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Slacker - I've been at my desk for nearlty four hours so far this morning.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X