• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Blaze of Glory

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blaze of Glory"

Collapse

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Well I suppose it is hard to contain ones composure when you're being stabbed with sticks after being having driven half mad before being let loose in an arena of the baying mob screaming for ones blood. It needs discipline and a little self control.

I agree it is horrific though.
    Poor bulls.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Just can't see it, can they.
    Well I suppose it is hard to contain ones composure when you're being stabbed with sticks after being having driven half mad before being let loose in an arena of the baying mob screaming for ones blood. It needs discipline and a little self control.

I agree it is horrific though.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    What the bulls should do is this:

Don't play along. Just stand there. Don't even squeal or show any pain. The first few will still get slain, but after a while the crowds will get bored of the lack of pain and suffering not being shown and abandon the sport in numbers. The Gandhi defnse. In a way the bulls bring this upon themselves by playing along. Jumping into the crowd doesn't help one bit.
    Just can't see it, can they.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I'm not really an emotional kind of guy. You might be confusing me with SY or Spod, I'd rather fix your problem than understand your feelings.
    Get and change this lightbulb then

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    What the bulls should do is this:

Don't play along. Just stand there. Don't even squeal or show any pain. The first few will still get slain, but after a while the crowds will get bored of the lack of pain and suffering not being shown and abandon the sport in numbers. The Gandhi defnse. In a way the bulls bring this upon themselves by playing along. Jumping into the crowd doesn't help one bit.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I think you will find you're the culprit where emotional outbursts are concerned.
    I'm not really an emotional kind of guy. You might be confusing me with SY or Spod, I'd rather fix your problem than understand your feelings.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Typical. Try to ask someone to justify their claims that something is "just wrong" and they get all huffy and insult you. You didn't even make an argument why it was wrong for me to counter.

I think you word confusion continues. "Infantile" doesn't actually mean "too complicated for me to understand"

Anytime you fancy a reasoned discussion rather than an emotional outburst, happy to join you
    Fine, that's a reasonable position. But about the bull you think it is appropriate to wish death on people, rather than let them choose if they object to animal cruelty or not. Which seems inconsistent. Shouldn't you wish death on those who run battery farms and those who sell the meat and those who eat the meat?

I was alluding to the fact that your points are not worth replying to. However. As I have mentioned (twice), death was obviously a bit of a harsh statement. I don't wish death on anyone. Yet.

I think you will find you're the culprit where emotional outbursts are concerned.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    And you're still a fµckwit.
    Why?

Actually, no need for you to answer that. Were you to start agreeing with me, I might feel insulted, but as you're someone who's concept of articulate discussion involves saying something dumb and defending it by abusing anyone who disagrees in the manner of a drunken teenage lout, having you consider me a "****wit" is almost certainly a good thing.
    Last edited by doodab; 19 August 2010, 17:11.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    So, in summary, not only are you incapable of an "articulate discussion", you are a hypocrite as well.
    And you're still a fµckwit.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Another fµckwit. His poorly reasoned agument doesn't merit any more than the response he got.

If you think comparing bullfighting to a 3 year old playing in a garden is the basis for an articulate discussion then join the other delusional cretins that abound here.
    You might want to google "Reductio ad absurdum"

What seems to have bypassed you is that in comparing a bullfight to the actions of the three year old I have chosen a ridiculous example in order to highlight the extremity and ultimate indefensibility of your assertion that that "anyone who tortures and kills an animal deserves all he gets"

I think suggesting that people who have grown up thinking that bullfighting is a noble sport, and don't consider it barbaric, deserve to be gored for watching a bullfight is hardly more defensible than bullfighting itself. You are both taking satisfaction in the suffering of another creature, and justifying it based on your own (arbitrary) concept of right and wrong. In fact, if you are of the opinion that human lives are worth more than bovine ones then cheering for the bull is arguably "worse".

So, in summary, not only are you incapable of an "articulate discussion", you are a hypocrite as well.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
    The prosecution rests!
    A reasoned reply

Leave a comment:

• SofaKingdom
    replied
    Another fµckwit. His poorly reasoned agument doesn't merit any more than the response he got.

If you think comparing bullfighting to a 3 year old playing in a garden is the basis for an articulate discussion then join the other delusional cretins that abound here.
    The prosecution rests!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by SofaKingdom View Post
    Your inability to articulate your reasoning and point out why you have a difference of opinion with doodab is revealing. At least other cretins like SB are conversant with a discussion.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    What? Cats?
    Of course not. I don't photograph cats, there is more than enough of that on the internet already without me adding to the problem.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    What? Cats?

Sick bastard.
    If you try hard the head will fit in a pint glass. Actually, with kittens you can probably get the whole thing in the glass.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X