• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Pakistan

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pakistan"

Collapse

• Flashman
    replied
    Pakistan relief organisations 'discriminating against Christian flood victims' - Telegraph

Oh what a surprise.

Lovely people, great country.

Well done everyone who contributed.

suckers

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Since when did you speak for the world?
    About 3 weeks ago, around half six, what of it?

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Since when did you speak for the world?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    "I agree with Nick"(tm)
    Really?

Ok then, how much does Pakistan need? I tell you what, we, the rest of the world could give Pakistan the money in exchange for the nuclear weapons.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    "I agree with Nick"(tm)

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Nice to see a thread about a terrible natural catastrophe in a region full of people already stricken by poverty degenerating into a load of bitching and whining by a bunch of loudmouths who are so well off that they can afford to argue about political tulip that happened before their own parents were born and act like it's important
    You're on the bench, you go and help them.

I tell you what, your prejudices are thinly veiled indeed.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Nice to see a thread about a terrible natural catastrophe in a region full of people already stricken by poverty degenerating into a load of bitching and whining by a bunch of loudmouths who are so well off that they can afford to argue about political tulip that happened before their own parents were born and act like it's important
    You could always just bypass the thread if you don't like it. It is not as if your input is likely to be relevant or wanted anyway. Try and play to your strengths and stick to nerdy threads. Better still, spend more time over on mumsnet with all the other big girls.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Well actually it is important and relevant today, just not to this thread. The recent activity by dissident republicans is inextricably linked to the events 90 years ago and the unsatisfactory solutions worked out.

Me, I'm sick to the back teeth of being emotionally blackmailed by the media and wannbe Geldofs trying to tell me how lucky I am.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    No democratic mandate. Simples. The overwhelming majority of the Irish populace wanted their independence, with only a minority in Ulster being against. The 6-county state was foisted upon the majority by the Government in Westminster essentially. Hardly democratic, that is what made it unjust. You should try reading up on it rather than just opening your cakehole and letting your stomach rumble.
    Actaully in 1914 England tried to enforce home rule on the whole of Ireland and Ulstermen tried to prevent it and actually imported 9000 rifles from Germany. The outbreak of WWI prevented what would have becaome a civil war and because so many Ulstermen died in the trenches the English felt obliged to let them remain in the UK as they had split lots of blood defending her.

It was a reluctant solution and not the one England wanted.

Leave a comment:

• SofaKingdom
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    "ArthurBigot"; some of us remember CC.NET you know.

Arthur doesn't strike me as a typical fan of CC.NET

Leave a comment:

• ArthurBigot
    replied
    No democratic mandate. Simples. The overwhelming majority of the Irish populace wanted their independence, with only a minority in Ulster being against. The 6-county state was foisted upon the majority by the Government in Westminster essentially. Hardly democratic, that is what made it unjust. You should try reading up on it rather than just opening your cakehole and letting your stomach rumble.
    If you mean the 1921 Anglo Irish Treaty then that was ratified by the Dáil Éireann is that the democratic mandate you speak of?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You should try reading up on it rather than just opening your cakehole and letting your stomach rumble.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by ArthurBigot View Post
    In my world there are two main islands off the coast of mainland Europe, one can accept that it is divided into three nations (actually two + one principality) while the other could not accept a two nation island

And explain why the settlement of 1922 wasn't just

Leave a comment:

• ArthurBigot
    replied
    In all honesty, you might be better served voicing your displeasure at subsequent events towards the then British Government, that made such an @rse of segregating Ireland in the first place.
    However, I doubt that will sit well with your prejudices.
    In my world there are two main islands off the coast of mainland Europe, one can accept that it is divided into three nations (actually two + one principality) while the other could not accept a two nation island

And explain why the settlement of 1922 wasn't just

Leave a comment:

Working...
X