• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Treasure Hunt

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Treasure Hunt"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    To explain. Did this today on MS suggestion with the kids. Absolutely brilliant. The kids (and I) loved it. Visit the website, enter your postcode and see what's around. We've spent hours in the local woods today searching for hidden treasure using an a geo locating ap I downloaded.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Good idea. Might have to try it.
    To explain. Did this today on MS suggestion with the kids. Absolutely brilliant. The kids (and I) loved it. Visit the website, enter your postcode and see what's around. We've spent hours in the local woods today searching for hidden treasure using an a geo locating ap I downloaded.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    How about an ostrich egg? You can find them on ebay.

You should try geocaching - sounds like it would be right up their street. Check out the map for caches near you.
    Good idea. Might have to try it.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I like the archaeology idea.

Or, in the spirit of the board
    - pop to Poundland and purchase some cheap dinosaur toys which you conceal around the house and garden
    - lace the party food with 50g of Lebanon's finest

Leave a comment:

• SofaKingdom
    replied
    Dinosaur Party - Birthday Party Ideas

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    not fossils. dinosaurs , you tub-end polishing, gurning, retarded excuse for a shopkeeper

Pah. Interchangeable in your case you old dinosaur. "Grrrrrr. Oops m'dentures!"

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    You're the closest thing to an old fossil the kids are going to find. Just jump out of a cupboard and go 'Grrrr'
    not fossils. dinosaurs , you tub-end polishing, gurning, retarded excuse for a shopkeeper

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Without meaning to be disparaging, it's clear that the quality of the advice diminishes as the evening goes on

drunken bums

You're the closest thing to an old fossil the kids are going to find. Just jump out of a cupboard and go 'Grrrr'

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Without meaning to be disparaging, it's clear that the quality of the advice diminishes as the evening goes on

drunken bums

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    If you fancy a trip to Kensington, the Natural History Museum gift shop will sell you no end of dinosaur-inspired paraphernalia at unbelievable prices.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    If you have any pets, such as a dog, maybe you could try strapping a large orange crest down its back, or two horns on its head to look like a stegasaurus.

Note this trick won't work very well if your dog is a dachshund or something.

Or if you are electrically inclined, maybe you could fit a miniature microphone/speaker, with a frequency dropper, round your cat's neck, so when it maows the sound comes out like a tyrannosaurus roar. Might confuse the cat a bit though.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Hire some Chinese Triads.
    Make a plan of the Natural History museum and then head off with the Triads late at night. Cut the power to the museum and then break in. Find the TRex, then open the double doors to the front of the museum. Get the Chinamen to back up a large trailer moving the TREX onto it. Then in the smog of London drive the TRex to your house.

Simples.

Leave a comment:

• Billy-Bob
    replied
    Last Christmas I did a treasure hunt for the wifes Grandkids. A little map, browned on the stove to look ancient, and little bundles of pressies hidden around the house.
    Then I did an outdoor one at Easter, because I knew of this garden that had an easter island head looking out over the river.

So now I have been roped in to do a dinosaur one, around the house. And this is where you come in. I need tome dino-inspiration.

I have a couple of ideas

1. A box with a big warning on top 'inside this box you will see the most dangerous creature in the world. More deadly than a tyranasuarus'
    at the bottom of the box is a mirror.

2. A shoe box diorama, with some trees and plastic dinosaurs and a red filter at the back.

any more ??

Find a set of black teeth. (a comb)

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Depending on how old they are and how much trouble you want to go to....

Bury the bones from a dinosaur skeleton model kit in dirt and let them excavate the fossils. If they are old enough to trust with a small hammer and chisel ( or old screwdriver) mix it with plaster of paris to turn it into rock they can chisel away to find the bones.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    There's hundreds of miles of dinosaur hunting potential here, while you have a relaxing time on the beach, occasionally examining their finds and saying "nope, not that one".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X