• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Stargazing

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stargazing"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Stayed up until 3.

very disappointing - too much cloud, and low frequency of meteors when there was a break.
    Won't be seeing any tonight if the weather as is, is anything to go by.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Stayed up until 3.

very disappointing - too much cloud, and low frequency of meteors when there was a break.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    was expecting a higher frequency of meteors.
    Be careful what you wish for...

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Clear skies here but a bit disappointing, was expecting a higher frequency of meteors.
    I'm going to see what's it's like for tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Clear skies here but a bit disappointing, was expecting a higher frequency of meteors.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    We did not have this problem over here.

So the aliens took you up for a better view then, that was nice of them.

Shame about all those experiments they did on you.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Same cloud problem here later last night.
    We did not have this problem over here.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Stupid clouds. Is it over now or will tonight be good too?.
    Same cloud problem here later last night. and I stayed up way past my bedtime and everything.

Last night was the peak for the perseids, but there should be some tonight as well.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Stupid clouds. Is it over now or will tonight be good too?

AtW: how will the mods being away allow you to close threads? You still won't have any admin rights.
    He'll just point his scanning software at the site. That's been known to close down sites!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I've seen a satellite and some bats, no meteorites though.
    Have you noticed how many more bats there are around nowadays? Lots and lots.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Stupid clouds. Is it over now or will tonight be good too?

AtW: how will the mods being away allow you to close threads? You still won't have any admin rights.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Ok, so admin will go blind tomorrow, probably all of the mods as well - this means I and my fembots can post all sort of tulip on here (like closing certain obnoxious threads) and get away with it!
    Yes. Tell me of this earth thing you call love.

Sea water kills mods you know. Well known fact <taps nose>

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Just seen a couple here in Bucks, lovely clear sky. Will go back out again when I have warmed up!
    Ok, so admin will go blind tomorrow, probably all of the mods as well - this means I and my fembots can post all sort of tulip on here (like closing certain obnoxious threads) and get away with it!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Am off out in a min. Loads of light pollution but still possible to see things.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Just seen a couple here in Bucks, lovely clear sky. Will go back out again when I have warmed up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X