• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Which BMX did you have ?"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post
    Actually we used to race at the same meets in Danderhall Edinburgh though I was a year or two ahead. But look at me know
    I bet those guys who ride keirin in Japan can earn a few bob.

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Idiot. You could have been a professional track cyclist and retired by now.

Saying that, I perhaps could have played rugby as a pro if I hadn't gone off to 'find myself' in India and got dyssentry.

Ho hum, no point in regretting.
    Actually we used to race at the same meets in Danderhall Edinburgh though I was a year or two ahead. But look at me know

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    ...all those mushroom grip thumb blisters and the Bear-trap shin smashes...
    Ooh, brings back memories.

I still have a few dents in my shins. I actually managed to scrape my shin bone with one of those metal teethed pedals; the skin was pulled away in a flap and the doc told me he could see the scratch on the bone.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Sod the BMX with all those mushroom grip thumb blisters and the Bear-trap shin smashes...

OMFG... BIG TRACK!!!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Mongoose Supergoose 3. And was in the top 5 in the country for BMX racing until I gave it up age 14.
    That wasn't due to a knee injury was it?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    And was in the top 5 in the country for BMX racing until I gave it up age 14.
    Idiot. You could have been a professional track cyclist and retired by now.

Saying that, I perhaps could have played rugby as a pro if I hadn't gone off to 'find myself' in India and got dyssentry.

Ho hum, no point in regretting.

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    which BMX did you have when you were ikkle ?

Anyone have a PK Ripper

Friends had Raleigh Burners with Skyway rims

one had a like Asda BMX BMX BMX

Milan.

Mongoose Supergoose 3. And was in the top 5 in the country for BMX racing until I gave it up age 14.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    "You mean when you've stopped drinking and got a job, Dad?"
    He ended up on Coronation Street as Kevin Webster's Dad.

Note to self...

Remembering that sh!te is not a good thing...

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    "Maybe next year, eh Son?"
    "You mean when you've stopped drinking and got a job, Dad?"

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    And for the further purposes of bike related nostalgia. Who else remembers the "I were right about that saddle" advert.
    "Maybe next year, eh Son?"

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    What, that sturmey archer crap with a twisty handle? That was tulipe too. No good for the serious crash and burn usage on the mean streets of Testerville. Sorry, the rather pleasant pastures of middle England. It all broke too easily.
    I must admit the gears would occasionally slip and leave me doubled up in agony as the saddle crushed my nether regions.

I want a new bike.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    i had a silver grifter too,

god it hurt the goolies when 2nd or 3rd gear would just give way

I remember some kids with talented dad's I guess had stuck 5 speed derailers
    on their bmx's

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Unless you wanted to actually get somewhere in which case the bigger wheels and three speed gears would leave your BMX riding friends in the dust.
    What, that sturmey archer crap with a twisty handle? That was tulipe too. No good for the serious crash and burn usage on the mean streets of Testerville. Sorry, the rather pleasant pastures of middle England. It all broke too easily.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Well I've googled mine and I can find no trace of it on the net. It must have been seriously tulip......but I liked it.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied

But let's face it, they were tulipe compared to a BMX.
    The very betamax of the bicycle world. How I wanted to buy pegs and the need stick a set of bright yellow skyways in the freezer to fix their buckling.

"Look at me, I've got gears" didn't fool anyone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X