• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Compulsive buying

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Compulsive buying"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    3 Squares of Izal - A scraper, a wiper and a polisher!
    An uncannily accurate description!

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I vaguely remember our school having some rubbish by "Izal". It was particularly "slidey" and not in the least bit absorbent. I expect all it did was spread the crap around rather than removing any of it. Made the newspaper seem upmarket!
    Izal was indeed another brand which exhibited those characteristics. They also had a distinct disinfectant smell.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    3 Squares of Izal - A scraper, a wiper and a polisher!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

I vaguely remember our school having some rubbish by "Izal".
    Ah yes, the "John Wayne" bog paper - It's rough, and it's tough, and it takes no sh*t off anyone.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Lighship nooooooooo!

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    You can't have enough loo roll right?

I can't wander down the loo roll aisle in Tesco without buying the 3 free extra offer making up 12 rolls.

So now I have a 4 foot high wall of Andrex (sans puppies that's just sick), between the tulipter and the shower. Is this acceptable?
    Won't they get damp there? Mr C stores his loo roll bogofs in a corner of the bedroom.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Luxury! We had that 'orrible Bronco stuff. It was quite good as tracing paper if I remember correctly.

The Civil service had a campaign sometime in the 1970s to replace Bronco with soft bog roll, citing incidents of the hard stuff cutting botties.
    I vaguely remember our school having some rubbish by "Izal". It was particularly "slidey" and not in the least bit absorbent. I expect all it did was spread the crap around rather than removing any of it. Made the newspaper seem upmarket!

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Nahhhh!!!!!! When you grew up using old newspapers, a bit of recycled stuff seems like silk sheets!!
    Luxury! We had that 'orrible Bronco stuff. It was quite good as tracing paper if I remember correctly.

The Civil service had a campaign sometime in the 1970s to replace Bronco with soft bog roll, citing incidents of the hard stuff cutting botties.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    you always have to lower the tone don't you
    He doesn't need to try

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    you always have to lower the tone don't you

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Nahhhh!!!!!! When you've been in the army, everyone takes a go in the barrel!

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    doesn't it hurt your bottomhole?
    Nahhhh!!!!!! When you grew up using old newspapers, a bit of recycled stuff seems like silk sheets!!

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    I insist upon the cheap as chips stuff from LIDLs personally. Cannot see the point in spending any decent amount of cash on something that gets used to wipe one's butt!!
    If I am going to push the boat out for household articles then it goes on decent Malt Whisky.

SB in "take care of the pennies and the pounds take care of themselves" mode

doesn't it hurt your bottomhole?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I insist upon the cheap as chips stuff from LIDLs personally. Cannot see the point in spending any decent amount of cash on something that gets used to wipe one's butt!!
    If I am going to push the boat out for household articles then it goes on decent Malt Whisky.

SB in "take care of the pennies and the pounds take care of themselves" mode

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Andrex

mmmmm it's loooxury

there was an article on the *cough* daily *cough* mail the other day about the poor middle-classes who can't afford the basics anymore because of gordon's downturn, one woman said she had to choose between loo roll and toothpaste.

i would have though toothpaste would sting!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X