• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lunch; Sushi and Sake!"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Sake is an acquired taste. Much like those malts you bang on about, but which I cannot stand.
    I like it chilled; warm sake doesn't really work for me. Good with oysters and Japanese seaweed.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    So are you p1ssed yet Mich?
    No, No Sir. Over many years I have gained a gleat torelance for arcohor!

Many many sakes rater, I would be velly velly pissed, but not yet!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    except why would you want to eat and drink that crappy Japanese muck?
    If you've only ever had sushi from M&S then I could understand your ire. If you've had the good stuff (Yo! is acceptable, K10 good, anywhere in Japan - 1000x better) then you'd know better.

Sake is an acquired taste. Much like those malts you bang on about, but which I cannot stand.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Nothing wrong with it per se - except why would you want to eat and drink that crappy Japanese muck? The Japanese may be good at engineering and such but their cuisine sucks big time.
    Unfortunately the current fad with chefs and cuisine means that plenty of idiots are brainwashed into thinking any foreign food is good.
    FFS There are now Korean and Somali restaurants in London when everone knows those cultures cuisine is rubbish.
    Sake, FFS? Tastes tulipe.
    You're a proper Brit ain't you. Cottage pie and chips and a pint of Ale while you watch the racing on TV.

Do you have a big Union Jack flag in your window?

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Many years ago when I first started contracting 2-3 pints per day down the pub was the usual form.
    I must have missed that note if it changed?

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    So are you p1ssed yet Mich?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Never!

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    BANZAI!

http://japanese-phrases.sakura.ne.jp/f391.mp3

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    BANZAI!

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Many years ago when I first started contracting 2-3 pints per day down the pub was the usual form.

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Meanwhile somewhere in Japan, there's a contractor wondering whether it's OK to have a Fray Bentos pie and a can of Tizer.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Perhaps just 4-5 sake, no need to over do it on the third day.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Sushi bar across the road.

Is it wrong to go for sushi and sake on third day at clientco?
    Nothing wrong with it per se - except why would you want to eat and drink that crappy Japanese muck? The Japanese may be good at engineering and such but their cuisine sucks big time.
    Unfortunately the current fad with chefs and cuisine means that plenty of idiots are brainwashed into thinking any foreign food is good.
    FFS There are now Korean and Somali restaurants in London when everone knows those cultures cuisine is rubbish.
    Sake, FFS? Tastes tulipe.
    Last edited by sasguru; 27 July 2010, 10:09.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    started a poll Lunch; Sushi and Sake!

Lunch; Sushi and Sake!

HAI! It is wrong, you disgusting little man
    7.69%
    BANZAI! Go and enjoy it, you're a contractor
    84.62%
    Andyw is goes all scatty after a bottle of sake
    7.69%
    Sushi bar across the road.

Is it wrong to go for sushi and sake on third day at clientco?

Working...
X