• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dirty cheating Ferrari"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
    I've heard this on the news a few times today and can't quite understand why it has been read as though they are surprised by Ferrari accepting the fine of £65k.
    The point is that, by accepting the fine, they are accepting guilt.

Although we will probably hear a new definition of guilt.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Formula One reminds me of when I was a kid and we'd play out in the street and someone's younger brother would come out and we'd have to let him join in. Then it was, like:

"Well, he's only six and you're eleven so you've got to let him have three goes."

"But it was my idea to play this game and it's my ball anyway."

"Well, OK, you can have two goes then, but we make the goal wider when my brother has a go."

"OK, I suppose..."

etc.

Know what I mean? They just constantly adapt the rules and apply penalties to different teams at random, like they're making it all up on the spot. And Bridgestone's mum's just called them in for tea so you can't have any wet tyres till after.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Who can be arsed to watch the next race?

Leave a comment:

• Joe90
    replied
    I've heard this on the news a few times today and can't quite understand why it has been read as though they are surprised by Ferrari accepting the fine of £65k.

For what they've done, a simple £65k fine is an amount I can't even imagine they'll notice has gone!?

If these rules are so important then they should at least have penalties to reflect that.

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Only wrongish.
    Glad you understand

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Advocate View Post
    Ultimately it's analogous to match fixing. If Domenicali had money on Alonso winning for example it would be very clear that this is wrong, however as he only gained 5 points for their leading driver it appears less wrong.
    Only wrongish.

Leave a comment:

• Advocate
    replied
    Ultimately it's analogous to match fixing. If Domenicali had money on Alonso winning for example it would be very clear that this is wrong, however as he only gained 5 points for their leading driver it appears less wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    The drivers work for the team. The manager of that team knows what's best and has his own strategy.

Non-story. Move along.
    Well, it is a story because, and you might not know this, what they did has been against the rules for the past few years.

It remains to be seen whether Ferrari are punished as, say, MacClaren would have been if it was them.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Obviously not an F1 fan are we
    I've been to a couple but I wouldn't describe myself as a "fan", nope.

However, Coulthard and Eddie Jordan were discussing the concept of "Team Orders" and strategy a couple of weeks ago and practically said the same thing.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    The drivers work for the team. The manager of that team knows what's best and has his own strategy.

Non-story. Move along.

Obviously not an F1 fan are we

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Non-story. Move along.
    Except that it's in blatant contradiction of the rules. It could have been done very slickly - Massa was skidding all over the place at one point - and they'd have got away with it to a few comments "it's how the game works", but was instead they rubbed it in the world's face. It was like watching MPs try to squirm out of the expenses scandal when the facts started coming out.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    I thought the most poignant thing was after Alonso passed and Rob Smedley told Massa to follow on, then paused and said "Sorry".

If that isn't a chief engineer grovelling to his driver I don't know what is.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    They used to joke about FIA standing for Ferrari International Assistance or something?
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    You're not mistaken, that's exactly the joke. Ironic, of course, as it seems to be rather true.
    Unless you look at the facts from the last couple of races prior to this, where Alonso got forced to take a penalty because the person he overtook illegally had retired.

Alonso is a huge baby, the last few races he's had petulant tantrums and been waving his hands at other drivers who dare not let him past like a regional sales driver in his Audi on the motorway.

Massa on the other hand seems a great guy - in fact it actually seems right now most of the drivers are good guys, making Alonso stand out. Quite reminiscent of C. Ronaldo really.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied

Non-story. Move along.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    They used to joke about FIA standing for Ferrari International Assistance or something?
    You're not mistaken, that's exactly the joke. Ironic, of course, as it seems to be rather true.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X