• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "new top level domain .co"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post

milan strikes again! Now if only SB would post we would have the full complement of dumbkopfs.

i think it's pretty good, looks much better than com

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    new top level domain out, .co

i just bagged the family name

.co could be very interesting

Milan.

milan strikes again! Now if only SB would post we would have the full complement of dumbkopfs.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    ishouldco.co !

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    xxx isn't shown there.
    It's been approved by ICANN, but hasn't yet been implemented:
    "The ICANN board also voted to allow the application for the controversial .XXX top-level domain (TLD) to move forward. The ICM registry applied for the .XXX sponsored top-level domain as a potential community site for the adult entertainment industry. The Board approved a detailed set of next steps for the application, including expedited due diligence, negotiations on a draft registry agreement, and consultation with ICANN's Governmental Advisory Committee."

- PDF linky

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Indeed

For anybody worried about falling for "new domain" scams, the definitive list of top level domains can be found at IANA's Root Zone Database.
    xxx isn't shown there.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    What a shame Coco Chanel is no longer with us - She could have bagged the domain name co.co

(or maybe that guy who bought the World's supply of cocoa the other day)

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    I have registered a couple just to see if Google will treat one hosted in the UK as a UK domain... I am not sure it will but worth a punt. Really dislike the way it was marketed as a new tld, very underhand.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    At least internationalised domain names allow MedellínCartel.co to come complete with accent

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    It's not new. It's the TLD for Colombia.

The only thing that is new is that they have started selling .co domains to all comers.
    I've just bagged

horsesheadinyourenemiesbed.co

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Unfortunately big.co is already taken. So are large.co, enormous.co, small.co and tiny.co

miniscule.co anyone?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

Milan.
    What Clampett.co??

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Indeed

For anybody worried about falling for "new domain" scams, the definitive list of top level domains can be found at IANA's Root Zone Database.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

The only thing that is new is that they have started selling .co domains to all comers.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    started a topic new top level domain .co

new top level domain .co

Milan.

Working...
X