• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Menelaus up to his old tricks..."

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by interested View Post
    He's on Twitter as well, under multiple IDs. I noticed some conversation being RT'ed about something that looked familiar with previous stories about him on CUK. I asked that person if she knew who he was and said she'd met him for lunch - turns out he'd fed her all the same lines; Gulf War vet, pilot etc.
    Look just because it wasn;t true this time round, he may have been the Queen of England in a previous life.

Cut Attila the Hun some slack!

Leave a comment:

• interested
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Craig Colclough ingratiated himself on this forum as "Chasing the Aurora" with a fraudulant attempt to single-handedly walk to the north pole for charity. He made various claims about his military background and was found out. He fell off the CUK radar for a while before re-registering as Menelaus and changing his name by deed poll. When he was sentenced to serve time in prison I deduced that Menelaus and Chasing-the-Aurora were one and the same.

It appears that Craig rather than learning his lesson has created a new persona and supposedly run 10k for a charity that has no record of him registering.

I have never had contact with his ex-wife and no desire to do so.

Looks like "Helen"/Georgina isn't too impressed.
    He's on Twitter as well, under multiple IDs. I noticed some conversation being RT'ed about something that looked familiar with previous stories about him on CUK. I asked that person if she knew who he was and said she'd met him for lunch - turns out he'd fed her all the same lines; Gulf War vet, pilot etc.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Oi! I can do kind and gentle...

Probably.
    Just because you pretend to be a 15 year old NDubz fan from Swindon on Facebook doesn't mean you can nessarily do kind and gentle!!!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Perhaps it was something about his personality that she found attractive.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I thought Helen looked quite sweet, intelligent and attractive. Nice sexy hairstyle too. Hard to see what she saw in Menelaus who, being generous, is average looking. Perhaps it was something about his personality that she found attractive.
    Last edited by TimberWolf; 24 July 2010, 12:28.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by SizeZero View Post
    Watching us watching him watching us watching him.... his missus got one thing right?
    He seems to be searching the forums lots.

I think we should let sleeping dogs lie as the more we talk about hin the more we massage his ego.

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    Craig Colclough ingratiated himself on this forum as "Chasing the Aurora" with a fraudulant attempt to single-handedly walk to the north pole for charity. He made various claims about his military background and was found out. He fell off the CUK radar for a while before re-registering as Menelaus and changing his name by deed poll. When he was sentenced to serve time in prison I deduced that Menelaus and Chasing-the-Aurora were one and the same.

It appears that Craig rather than learning his lesson has created a new persona and supposedly run 10k for a charity that has no record of him registering.

I have never had contact with his ex-wife and no desire to do so.

Looks like "Helen"/Georgina isn't too impressed.

IMO, Helen/Georgina loves it. It has added some excitement to her life, the whole experience she had and her continued following of the story.

What she's also saying, is that she is/was stupid enough to be the one he selected as being "the one likely to believe his stories". For goodness sake, she married him didn't she?

I'm being harsh.She found and posted on this forum she didn't she, she's just as bad. Her evaluation of his character might be right, but I thihnk she craves excitement too, hence how the daft mare fell for it in the first place. Probably self-centred too, and she seems to want to be a part of this contuinued story in one way or another (ie such as posting here, and again commenting on his latest exploits where ever the text from the beginning of this message thread was quoted from). Wouldn't be surprised if she was still married to him, if it wasn;t for the other women
    Last edited by SuperZ; 24 July 2010, 11:19.

Leave a comment:

• SizeZero
    replied
    Last Activity Yesterday 12:53
    Watching us watching him watching us watching him.... his missus got one thing right?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    BBC1 tonight. The tale of Frank Abagnale Jr, who found notoriety conning and charming his way across America, posing as a pilot (tick), Doctor (tick) and lawyer and outwitting the FBI (fail). Drama based on a true story. Who's go the rights to sell Menelaus' story?

Catch Me If You Can - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    the kinder gentler side of spod...

ewwww, i never want to think about a hamster's bollocks but if my OH doesn't get home in the next five minutes we might be making a trip to fridge
    Oi! I can do kind and gentle...

Probably.

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    You other half is a hamster?

Isn't that, you know, illegal?
    that would explain a lot

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    ewwww, i never want to think about a hamster's bollocks but if my OH doesn't get home in the next five minutes we might be making a trip to fridge
    You other half is a hamster?

Isn't that, you know, illegal?

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    I bet it would make an even funnier noise of you slammed the fridge door on its bollocks...
    the kinder gentler side of spod...

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    my friend had a hamster that made a funny squeaking noise when he heard the fridge open
    I bet it would make an even funnier noise of you slammed the fridge door on its bollocks...

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I would have thought opening the fridge door would be a better test of that.
    my friend had a hamster that made a funny squeaking noise when he heard the fridge open

Leave a comment:

Working...
X