• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Has MF got the order of the boot yet?"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Buy a beachball.

All will become clear.

ok I'll try it when we go on holiday

Milan.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 21 July 2010, 15:58.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Ok my turn next, can anyone help me ?

Milan.
    Buy a beachball.

All will become clear.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    oi less of it

Passat needs a bit of work, offside front wheel bearing is making some noise and there's some clunking from the front suspension when it goes over bumps, seems like the bushes might need replacing, anyway, it's on light duties at the moment, if we start using it for strenuous work and on a regular basis I'll put it into the garage and get those jobs fixed

good car the passat is fast as well, fuel efficient 6 speeder, what more could a man want from a motorcar ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

I nearly fell off my chair when I read that MF and family and in-laws and brother's in-laws are off to Bognor for a week in a caravan.
    You won't think it quite so funny when you hear the sort of figures that Channel 4 are offering for the filming rights though milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I'm not good at starting contracts anymore. Always feel I'm wasting my life.
    MF, your rate's obviously not high enough, if it were, you wouldn't have such thoughts.

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    PID
    Pelvic inflammatory disease?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Not wishing to rain on your parade MF, but you do realise that this slightly unexpected outburst of conciliatory pragmatism has probably cost you a few days "unwinding" in the caravan, don't you?

LOL

I nearly fell off my chair when I read that MF and family and in-laws and brother's in-laws are off to Bognor for a week in a caravan.

MF you certainly know how to live the highlife, put the rest of us to shame.

Was it one of the deals from The Sun, like a week in a caravan for a fiver ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Wise words indeed.

Not to worry MF. Over the pint you will be buying me soon, I will help you map a course through adversity.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    They think i'm wonderful!

Very interesting meeting. Went through the PID document I prepared to show if I understood the clients requirements(cheers Jacks) he asked if I wanted to go and wanted to make sure I was OK with his decisions.

I apologised for being a twat and said at the end of the day he was the client and if he wanted me to approach it differently that was fine.

On review it transpired that I had understood the requirements it's just we are both using different terminology.

And now I will sign off for a while. I feel like I have turned into suityou.

MF we all knew you could do it

CUK Self Help Group

Well done Cojak for your wise words of advice

Well done MF for listening

Ok my turn next, can anyone help me ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Told you, grovel a bit, slime a bit, schmooze a bit, then invoice a lot.
    Wise words indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Told you, grovel a bit, slime a bit, schmooze a bit, then invoice a lot.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    PM him then, I am sure you could arrange a suitable venue. Make sure to get it on Youtube as well so we can all enjoy it.
    Owski!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Spoilsport - I was expecting someone to get punched today!
    PM him then, I am sure you could arrange a suitable venue. Make sure to get it on Youtube as well so we can all enjoy it.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    They think i'm wonderful!

Very interesting meeting. Went through the PID document I prepared to show if I understood the clients requirements(cheers Jacks) he asked if I wanted to go and wanted to make sure I was OK with his decisions.

I apologised for being a twat and said at the end of the day he was the client and if he wanted me to approach it differently that was fine.

On review it transpired that I had understood the requirements it's just we are both using different terminology.

And now I will sign off for a while. I feel like I have turned into suityou.
    I still reckon you should chin the f**ker, just to put him in his place. It's the latest consultant technique, I find they're more receptive to change if you tenderise them a little first.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Spoilsport - I was expecting someone to get punched today!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X