• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Burka Ban

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Burka Ban"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    Scouse Burkha:

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    I think Pam and Ronald from Padiddlyboing, Idaho have it about right!

Leave a comment:

• Naaarwich
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Aroused?
    Definately not aroused - they sounded like early teens. If Angelina Jolie wore a burka (and u didnt know it was her) how could you get aroused as there is no shape.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post

I was AMUSED, AMAZED and a few other words if my vocab was any better.
    Aroused?

Leave a comment:

• Naaarwich
    replied
    I once had to East Ham in London and was standing in front of a shop waiting for someone. Almost in front of me two friends met from opposite sides. What made this interesting was that they were both wearing the full burka with only a narrow slit for the eyes and the first teenager said "Jasmin!" and the other one said "Hina!". I'm standing there looking at both of them thinking how the hell did they recognise each other? Even if they had agreed to meet at that spot there were many other burka wearers walking past.

I was AMUSED, AMAZED and a few other words if my vocab was any better.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Next time try something figure hugging that ends just below the curve of your buttock, paired with some above the knee boots with a 3-4" heel.

Leave a comment:

• cnch
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    It'd be even worse if you were a woman.
    Yawn.. death by ennui.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by cnch View Post
    I don't really understand why they wear burkhas given the Quran states both men and women should keep their gaze lowered. So if everyone has their gaze lowered who is there to look in anyone's face?

I personally have no issue with what anyone wears.
    I'm currently visiting a friend's relative in hospital in France (no one from their family can get here) which has a much higher muslim population than indigenous French (the area where I and the hospital are). Now it is summer so I tend to wear dresses which perhaps shows a little of my cleavage and I must admit the looks I got from some people you would think I was standing on a street corner, my legs apart saying 'come on boys'. I refuse to change my attire in a secular country where no one else has any problem with it. If I visit Islamic countries I dress accordingly and most certainly don't judge anyone. Shame I now feel a bit uncomfortable here.
    It'd be even worse if you were a woman.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Oi SB! Do you reckon "Gibbon" is "Menelaus" in drag?
    Nooo.

Leave a comment:

• cnch
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    Ok you win I've bit. But that is just outrageous and damned insulting old boy.

I don't really understand why they wear burkhas given the Quran states both men and women should keep their gaze lowered. So if everyone has their gaze lowered who is there to look in anyone's face?

I personally have no issue with what anyone wears.
    I'm currently visiting a friend's relative in hospital in France (no one from their family can get here) which has a much higher muslim population than indigenous French (the area where I and the hospital are). Now it is summer so I tend to wear dresses which perhaps shows a little of my cleavage and I must admit the looks I got from some people you would think I was standing on a street corner, my legs apart saying 'come on boys'. I refuse to change my attire in a secular country where no one else has any problem with it. If I visit Islamic countries I dress accordingly and most certainly don't judge anyone. Shame I now feel a bit uncomfortable here.
    Last edited by cnch; 19 July 2010, 14:36.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Converts always seem more fanatical/loony in any religion in my very limited experience. One chap I shared a house with seemed to spend most of his time making notes in his bible.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Ok you win I've bit. But that is just outrageous and damned insulting old boy.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    It is possible. I am detecting a faint whiff of Oregano over the all-pervading Brylcreem aroma!!

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    As all the best romantic stories do!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
    They'd be skint then, Inuit women are not attractive. Infact their men delibrately lose at pool so they can give them away to the winner. I've seen this happen in Fairbanks Alaska but thats another story that even EO couldn't make up. It did end up with a bayoneting though.
    As all the best romantic stories do!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X