• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Supplier Issues Again!"

Collapse

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by jimjamuk View Post
    Just wanted to add thanks to n5gooner for that canvas for the wifes latest self proclaimed masterpiece of photography! All good this end and I used my CUK discount to boot...........how many Xeno points do I get on my loyalty card?

Hey MF - another retail plan B going on here - the wifes idea much like yours except to date none of the grief I've read about yours (the shop that is not the wife.......)

jimjamuk
    thanks Jimjam,

Though it look good as we framed it.......

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Why does he have to sell MF anything if he doesn't want to?
    Taking a quickie look at the law, it’s no so much the refusal to supply goods as the reason the supplier gave for not supplying the goods ie, competition from another customer. I suppose it a bit like a shop’s right not to serve you except if they give a reason on racial grounds in which case the shop has broken the law.

It is still worth writing a letter. If the letter is strong enough it may well change the mind of the supplier.

Leave a comment:

• jimjamuk
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
    Leatherhead, Surrey, Plan B's flying along, so we've moved into new office twice the size and taken over a warehouse.

Just wanted to add thanks to n5gooner for that canvas for the wifes latest self proclaimed masterpiece of photography! All good this end and I used my CUK discount to boot...........how many Xeno points do I get on my loyalty card?

Hey MF - another retail plan B going on here - the wifes idea much like yours except to date none of the grief I've read about yours (the shop that is not the wife.......)

jimjamuk

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Because he had a business contract to supply.

If he is then getting out of it by using a clause that wasn't originally mentioned then it's a breach of contract.
    Not beyond the initial or subsequent orders he didn't. Unless I've missed a post.

As understand this case, each order is a separate contract, and they are not obliged to enter into any contracts they don't feel like.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Call it a beer fella and you're on.

To be honest if the nause me around I'll just order to a different address. Where u based now gooner?
    Leatherhead, Surrey, Plan B's flying along, so we've moved into new office twice the size and taken over a warehouse.

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    i'd guess n5.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner View Post
    forgot to mention the 5% commission on your retail price for being the middle man.....
    Call it a beer fella and you're on.

To be honest if the nause me around I'll just order to a different address. Where u based now gooner?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    forgot to mention the 5% commission on your retail price for being the middle man.....

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

If he is then getting out of it by using a clause that wasn't originally mentioned then it's a breach of contract.
    Sounds more like an admin screw up.

When MF first approached the supplier they should have checked if they were supplying anyone else in the area - looks they forgot to as opposed to reneging on a contract.

Gooner - how is your new business going?

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    how about we order them for you, I'll stick them in our 1,400sqft storage and you can arrange collection?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I would definitely get the lawyers involved. And write to the Guardian. Their customer base will desert them when they find out that they are shafting innocent hippies to get in with big business.

You are a hippy aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    It is called "restraint of trade" and is common law. You need to draft a letter and send it to the other two parties as a first step. If you want me to draft a letter; you can PM me.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    they sell those in waitrose
    EXACTLY MY POINT!!!

Grrrrr. Waitrose only do two or three scents though. I was doing a dozen.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    I don't think you will get anywhere with that.

Isn't this a similar scenario to when the supermarkets were selling Levis 501's, which they had obtained on the grey market, at a discounted price and Levis took them to court and won.
    Not the same, the I think Levis were grey imports.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X