• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "British plane is world's most advanced - and about to go into testing"

Collapse

• minestrone
    replied
    And I know the aurora does exist.

Was that a knock at the door?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Of course but your post made it sound like we could ask it to loop the loop and it would say "bollocks to that I'm bombing France"
    Actually, I think a random "bollocks to that, I'm bombing France" feature might be quite a selling point.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    How can it be called the world's most advanced plane when it has never flown?
    Because it makes the story more interesting.

The iPad is 'magical' according to the advert. Can't believe the ASA hasn't picked up on that one yet.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Nice play on words but you know the difference between directly manipulating control surfaces by radio control and sending the command "CLEAR TO LAND Runway 06L" which this UAV is capable of responding to.
    Of course but your post made it sound like we could ask it to loop the loop and it would say "bollocks to that I'm bombing France"

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    How can it be called the world's most advanced plane when it has never flown?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    I doubt very much it has a veto, and I doubt they are using a wire, so yes, it's radio controlled.
    Nice play on words but you know the difference between directly manipulating control surfaces by radio control and sending the command "CLEAR TO LAND Runway 06L" which this UAV is capable of responding to.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    You think it's radio controlled?

It's asked to do things, not told.

Be very afraid. Be even more afraid when the f**ker is armed.
    I doubt very much it has a veto, and I doubt they are using a wire, so yes, it's radio controlled.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

Yes master.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    That seems like a lot of money for a radio controlled plane.

The flight trials are due to start next year, does that mean they haven't finished it yet?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    They said that about the launch of the Austin Allegro in 1972......
    Hope it doesn't come with a square steering wheel too!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Dubbed the "pinnacle" of British engineering...
    They said that about the launch of the Austin Allegro in 1972......

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Will it be TSR2 all over again?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    It would be great for chasing bastard cats out of my garden! Bombs and missiles - fantastic! I am using an old radio controlled racing car but it doesn't have any weapons of mass cat destruction unfortunately.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 13 July 2010, 17:26.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied

The flight trials are due to start next year, does that mean they haven't finished it yet?
    And the remote control takes up an entire LWB Land Rover! They should have a word with the Japanese about miniaturising that.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X