• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would someone go to the shop"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    I have to confess to being a sockpuppet. I am really a devout church goer of pure thought and the seedy old git obsessed with vodka and lady's bodily functions is not me at all. It just de debil what grab me.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Is MF your sockpuppet?

You got me.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Unfortunately one of my 'real life' traits is a severe lack of patience, so it probably wouldn't be a long conversation..!
    Is MF your sockpuppet?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Drewster View Post
    You should try holding a conversation with me "face-face"........
    Unfortunately one of my 'real life' traits is a severe lack of patience, so it probably wouldn't be a long conversation..!

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by cnch View Post
    Thanks Drewster. You are my knight in shining armour.

I don't find you in the least confusing and your lateral thinking is a joy to behold.
    You will note that cnch's post was sent around quarter of an hour after the pubs kick out mind you!

Leave a comment:

• cnch
    replied
    Thanks Drewster. You are my knight in shining armour.

I don't find you in the least confusing and your lateral thinking is a joy to behold.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyOldMan
    replied
    This is all too confusing

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    You don't half ramble though, I mean - seriously.
    You should try holding a conversation with me "face-face"........

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    I'm just a bit more sure about Wilmslow than others, but who knows!

Drew - not sure if I would class myself as a sockie, MaryP is an extension of my real persona. Wiki defines a sockpuppet as:

' an online identity used for purposes of deception within an online community. In its earliest usage, a sockpuppet was a false identity through which a member of an Internet community speaks with or about himself or herself, pretending to be a different person,[1] like a ventriloquist manipulating a hand puppet '
    I know what you mean... I wasn't really thinking of a dictionary definition of a sockie... more the fact that we all (on this type of forum) portray a character that isn't really us... or at least I think we do....
    I post on other forums as "me" and still others as (a different) Drewster.... The Drewsters share many of my traits and Drewsters sometimes posts things that are true about "me"... but Drewsters can say and do things that I wouldn't.....

So the Wilmsy you met is probably the person that posts as Wilmsy... but wether all the "adventures" are 100% true...................

No doubt there is a word that sums up what I mean (its not alter-ego or pseudonym).....

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I would never get frosty with you.......

<deeply offended>
    and what do you mean.... ramble!!!!
    </deeply offended>
    Ah, good. Would hate to fall out over some tranny sockie.

You don't half ramble though, I mean - seriously.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    We have had them before (see Chico, Andyw for example). He's not quite in the same league if he is a sockie though.
    I'm just a bit more sure about Wilmslow than others, but who knows!

Drew - not sure if I would class myself as a sockie, MaryP is an extension of my real persona. Wiki defines a sockpuppet as:

' an online identity used for purposes of deception within an online community. In its earliest usage, a sockpuppet was a false identity through which a member of an Internet community speaks with or about himself or herself, pretending to be a different person,[1] like a ventriloquist manipulating a hand puppet '

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    I meant - your rambling posting style does my head in

No need to get frosty, just cos I sussed your 'friend' out
    I would never get frosty with you.......

<deeply offended>
    and what do you mean.... ramble!!!!
    </deeply offended>

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    If someone has made up that character, they are a genius.
    We have had them before (see Chico, Andyw for example). He's not quite in the same league if he is a sockie though.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    ..............the person claiming to be him has made up a fictional character we know as Wilmslow.
    I (as in the real me) posts as the character called Drewster.......
    MP isn't really a flying nanny....
    You presumably aren't really called bunk....
    MF isn't a loud mouthed Arse in real life.....

Well OK maybe the MF argument is a bit weak... but we are all sockies in that sense - aren't we?

ie Although there is a lot of "me" in Drewster - Drewster is not really me... if you see what I mean?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    <Patronising tone>
    Try to keep up dearie
    </pt>
    I meant - your rambling posting style does my head in

No need to get frosty, just cos I sussed your 'friend' out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X