• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just out of bed, lazy I know, already it's 31C"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Thankfully it's cooler today

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    34c when I got up this morning

Now it's hitting 37... streets are quite. Either everyone is taken to the lakes (likely) or sheltering indoors like myself.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    I'm toying with the idea of going into work. It might be cooler there.

Inside temp 29.6. Outside - oh, the sun has just hit the window sill so that thermometer is climbing rapidly as I type.

It did rain last night, but I got off lightly.
    Last edited by Sysman; 11 July 2010, 10:42.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Sounds like you ought to try dousing yourself down with a cool madchen or two!!

Got twelve bottles of cider in the fridge instead. Ice cubes are all gone within a couple of minutes

Think my scalp is leaking in this humidity...

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    36C now we're cooking.

Been trapped in the house all day. Tried going out, was like walking into a hair dryer so ran back inside.
    Sounds like you ought to try dousing yourself down with a cool madchen or two!!

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    36C now we're cooking.

Been trapped in the house all day. Tried going out, was like walking into a hair dryer so ran back inside.
    31° C here at the moment, and I hear thunder. Hopefully that'll bring a bit of rain to cool us down through the night.

I tried a bar which has a/c earlier on. Tough, the a/c had packed up, but the beer was cool.

Lots of nicely tanned cleavage to admire though.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Pah!! 31C - I laugh at 31C......

Minimum night time temp is about that.....

True - I only spend about 30 seconds between buildings and Taxi in the open... other than that its AirCon all the way.......

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I've just been swanning around the French Riviera where it was like that every day. Coming back to a mere 30 deg C in the UK is a relief.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    36C now we're cooking.

Last edited by scooterscot; 10 July 2010, 14:52.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    A chap at work reckons I need to go to a museum cause they have air con.
    The river is looking favourite for me.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    To which the appropriate reply is of course "No need for that, I'm a contractor, my house is cooled by the melting of Antartic ice imported especially for the job. Would you like a penguin burger?"
    I tried penguin burger once while on a trip to see the Northern lights. I was travelling with the Danish Queen and the Tauntaun we were riding froze to death. All I had was a replica light saber from IKEA, a packet of Penguin biscuits and a frying pan.

I rustled up a meal fit for royalty. Delicious and we were rescued the next morning.

Threaded.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    To which the appropriate reply is of course "No need for that, I'm a contractor, my house is cooled by the melting of Antartic ice imported especially for the job. Would you like a penguin burger?"

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    started a topic Just out of bed, lazy I know, already it's 31C

Just out of bed, lazy I know, already it's 31C

Working...
X