• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Broken phone

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Broken phone"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    Well I went with the HTC desire which I picked up for €350 second hand. Seems like a good buy so far.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Nowt to do with slow typing - it's the same was texting. If you hold down 2 slightly longer than you normally would you don't get a, b or c, but 2. Quicker than hitting 2 4 times. In the same way that holding it down longer is quicker than using the blue arrow key to enter numbers
    I was aware of it for numbers. Does it work (or did it, in my case) with all symbols?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Nope I didn't. It's never occurred to me to type that slowly
    Nowt to do with slow typing - it's the same was texting. If you hold down 2 slightly longer than you normally would you don't get a, b or c, but 2. Quicker than hitting 2 4 times. In the same way that holding it down longer is quicker than using the blue arrow key to enter numbers

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    You know that you don't have to use the blue arrow. If you keep the key pressed the symbol in blue is used.
    Nope I didn't. It's never occurred to me to type that slowly

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    The keyboard is handy but I find the symbol and "symbol shift" blue arrow key seem to be on the wrong side, and the little trackpad / directional thing should be on the right IMO.
    You know that you don't have to use the blue arrow. If you keep the key pressed the symbol in blue is used.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    I tell you what mate, Rochdale has certainly rubbed off on you!
    Worked with my PS3!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Why not just get it insured and in a couple of weeks, drop it!
    It's still within the manufacturers guarantee period, and as it seems to have had some sort of electrical failure (judging by the smell) and that has caused some sort of glue type substance to melt and ooze out of it I am expecting the problem to be covered by the guarantee TBH.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    I tell you what mate, Rochdale has certainly rubbed off on you!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    The only things that I think are good about the n97 are the keyboard, the storage (have 40gb in mine with the mem card) and for video.
    The keyboard is handy but I find the symbol and "symbol shift" blue arrow key seem to be on the wrong side, and the little trackpad / directional thing should be on the right IMO.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Oh, it's not like I'm without a phone, I have a couple of spares lying around as well as my old N95 with my UK SIM in it for SMS & actual conversations.

All I really used the broken one for was internet & email and sometimes to listen to music which I can do on the N95 anyway. It'll probably do me good not to have the internet in my pocket for a bit. I just thought, as screens seem to be bigger and higher res and processors faster etc, it would be a good time to upgrade.
    The only things that I think are good about the n97 are the keyboard, the storage (have 40gb in mine with the mem card) and for video.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    If you're going to get it repaired, then you may as well just get something dirt cheap off eBay that fits the bill while you wait.

Failing that, I love my HTC Desire.
    Oh, it's not like I'm without a phone, I have a couple of spares lying around as well as my old N95 with my UK SIM in it for SMS & actual conversations.

All I really used the broken one for was internet & email and sometimes to listen to music which I can do on the N95 anyway. It'll probably do me good not to have the internet in my pocket for a bit. I just thought, as screens seem to be bigger and higher res and processors faster etc, it would be a good time to upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    If you're going to get it repaired, then you may as well just get something dirt cheap off eBay that fits the bill while you wait.

Failing that, I love my HTC Desire.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Just like that gunman in the chipshop, I can only advise you to eat more fresh fruit. Grapefruit juice supposedly helps.
    Yeah apparently coffee and doob make it taste tangy erm according to some ladies I know...

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    On the latest firmware and while it's better it is still rubbish. I've stripped out a load of apps that come as default and stuck what I can onto the 32gb drive. My phone has 8mb free on c. As for Nokia maps. I used it as a sat nav last weekend and it kept getting left and right mixed up. The map would clearly show a left turn and it would say right. It told me to take the next right on the motorway. As it was the M60 I could have been going round forever before I found the next right!
    I don't like sat nav, I prefer to look at a map, and I find nokia maps fairly good for that and it works out a lot cheaper than google if you are roaming. But then I am the sort of person who collects maps.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X