• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would you not go on a booked holiday to secure a contract?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    One swallow does not make a summer Shaunbhoy.

I'm going to be busy for a few days so take your opportunity while you can.....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    One swallow does not make a summer Shaunbhoy.

I'm going to be busy for a few days so take your opportunity while you can.....

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Thats the one that worked.
    Yeah, if you have any money left that is. I think I can see signs of life with the fat lady!!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
    To the Agent - I have booked a weeks holiday but if the client really needs me that urgently I am prepared
    to cancel my holiday. This makes you the hero and your agency and client the bad guys

To your Wife. You are worth more to me than a cheap holiday at a camp site so when this contract ends
    I will take you some where reallllllllllllllly nice - Just the two of us.
    Thats the one that worked.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
    To your Wife. You are worth more to me than a cheap holiday at a camp site so when this contract ends I will take you some where reallllllllllllllly nice - Just the two of us.
    Are you suggesting that MF is the sort of bloke that would:
    1) Lie to his wife?
    2) Have to lie to his wife?

Thats a sad reflection on your view of MF his wife and their relationship......

Leave a comment:

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    What you should have said

To the Agent - I have booked a weeks holiday but if the client really needs me that urgently I am prepared
    to cancel my holiday. This makes you the hero and your agency and client the bad guys

To your Wife. You are worth more to me than a cheap holiday at a camp site so when this contract ends
    I will take you some where reallllllllllllllly nice - Just the two of us.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Why don't you just tell her you don't want to go on holiday with her extended family?

"Oh darling, your mother is an interfering old bag, your sister is alcoholic and your father is Scottish!'

I can get away with that on here! Safer to get a contract.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    It's only monday to Friday anyway... not exactly a "holiday" is it?

If she is going with all her family anyway, Im sure you won't be missed that much.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Why don't you just tell her you don't want to go on holiday with her extended family?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Hang on.....

Maybe coming live again. Feedback from agency was the client didn't like the other candidates he's interviewed all of which are instantly available.

Have texted client direct to say, if availability is still a showstopper I can duck out of the vacation if you would like to reoffer.........

Thank god all other contractors pale into insignificance when directly compared to me by clients!!!

Fingers crossed.
    Muppet. Sounds like you held all the cards and just turned them all over at once. There goes your vacation.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Hang on.....

Maybe coming live again. Feedback from agency was the client didn't like the other candidates he's interviewed all of which are instantly available.

Have texted client direct to say, if availability is still a showstopper I can duck out of the vacation if you would like to reoffer.........

Thank god all other contractors pale into insignificance when directly compared to me by clients!!!

Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    Originally posted by Lightship
    Well, once you're convicted and thrown in the slammer, at least you'll get a bed and three square meals a day. You'll even get exercise time in the yard, and a job that pays pennies per day. Sorted.
    Plus you'll probably get a lot more sex....... like it or not

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Told the agent about the holiday.

Offer rescinded.

Exactly as I thought.
    Well if that's the way he treats his contractors he doesn't deserve to have any.

tl pace Wilde

Leave a comment:

• bumgardner
    replied
    Thanks for the advice. I've thrown the in laws out, socked the missus in the mouth and ****ed her sister. The kids have been taken into care, I've lost the house and I'm in court next week.

Glad I listened to you.
    Chill dude. This is a forum. Expect to get flamed from time to time, and try to stop being so sensitive. Granted each forum needs it's quota of bedwetters, but you really are soft. And stop posting me me me, look at me type threads, it's putting me off my tea

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    You seriously need to man up. Her sister is free-loading, your missus doesn't work, and her inlaws are sponging a holiday from you.
    Grow a pair, seriously
    Thanks for the advice. I've thrown the in laws out, socked the missus in the mouth and ****ed her sister. The kids have been taken into care, I've lost the house and I'm in court next week.

Glad I listened to you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X