• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The leaking oil

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The leaking oil"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Seen a few such comments about "lids blowing off" but faults in rocks just don't propogate like that. So far nothing by anyone who has any expertise in the subject or links to anyone who does. Anyone seen any reliable reports?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    xkcd: Worst-Case Scenario

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    and it's not on fire (yet)
    Surprising that nobody has yet joined the dots to see the hand of Bin Laden/Al Queda/Greenpeace/TorchWood in this latest act of environmental terrorism - its a stark warning against the US and UK Oil Industry and when that Methane Bubble kicks in ... scary stuff.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 30 June 2010, 13:09.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Where's Red Adair when you need him?

Oh, he's dead now.
    and it's not on fire (yet)

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It took 30 years (and 20 more wells) to partially fix a buggered up well in Brunei.
    Where's Red Adair when you need him?

Oh, he's dead now.

Leave a comment:

• uksp
    replied
    Any chance it can overflow onto my garden so I don't have to cut the f*kin grass for the 10,000th time this summer ....

Leave a comment:

• EC4N
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Free oil?

Ah who needs BP when you can create your own catchment area in your backyard and start distilling!

Leave a comment:

• Clippy
    replied
    You mean you haven't got an anecdote where you created a super-duper sucker upper thingy that would be perfect for the job?

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Free oil?

I wonder how we could harvest it ?

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by EC4N View Post
    Black rain perhaps?
    Free oil?

Leave a comment:

• EC4N
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I wonder what it will mean for us in Europe ?

Black rain perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    He means the oceans will run black and all marine life will be extinguished.

It's probably bollocks.
    Oh my God!!! Think of the Whales!!!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Will someone please translate the above?

I'm sure he's trying to make a point or impart some useful information but for the life of me I don't understand what.
    He means the oceans will run black and all marine life will be extinguished.

It's probably bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    there seems to be a lot of discussion going on the this leaking oil well could possibly be something much bigger than at first thought and possibly a leaking oil volcano !

see for yerselves

Milan.
    Will someone please translate the above?

I'm sure he's trying to make a point or impart some useful information but for the life of me I don't understand what.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    started a topic The leaking oil

The leaking oil

there seems to be a lot of discussion going on the this leaking oil well could possibly be something much bigger than at first thought and possibly a leaking oil volcano !

see for yerselves

Milan.

Working...
X