• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just placed a grand on Germany to beat England"

Collapse

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Three grand in my hand
    English fans were dreaming
    Pay back for 66.

Unfortunately, this England team has a sense of entitlement amonst its players which is evidently unjustified.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Three grand in my hand
    English fans were dreaming

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    That Suarez goal is a peach, a total peach.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    That south Korea goal woke me up from a wee sleep, the Suarez goal really woke me up.

Placed 550 ( @ 1.23 I think ) on the Spain result last night during the game, it was 1-0 at the time, already had 450 ( @ 1.49 ) on before the game.

So I would not really chase down money if I am losing, only reenforcing the win.
    Interesting. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    If it looks like it isn't going your way do you try and lay it during the match?
    That south Korea goal woke me up from a wee sleep, the Suarez goal really woke me up.

Placed 550 ( @ 1.23 I think ) on the Spain result last night during the game, it was 1-0 at the time, already had 450 ( @ 1.49 ) on before the game.

So I would not really chase down money if I am losing, only reenforcing the win.
    Last edited by minestrone; 26 June 2010, 15:45.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Here we go!!
    If it looks like it isn't going your way do you try and lay it during the match?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Just placed 185 @ 1.85 on Uruguay.
    Here we go!!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Just placed 185 @ 1.85 on Uruguay.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    tee hee, a fellow chubber
    I am 2 stone down from what I was at xmas I will have you know young man.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Housewife's bet.
    And who better placed to run one than you sg?

The data, via a logistic regression model I've run, suggest England will win.
    The same regression model you use for your madcap AGW assertions no doubt?
    Does it look like a hockeystick by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Yes, I think I could make a go of living off it. I did when I was at uni but then I had the time to sit and go over the scores for 6 hours before placing a bet.

Now I just sit on my fat arse all day reading this site and the no risk money comes in.
    tee hee, a fellow chubber

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post
    Have you honestly made any money out of this business?
    Yes, I think I could make a go of living off it. I did when I was at uni but then I had the time to sit and go over the scores for 6 hours before placing a bet.

Now I just sit on my fat arse all day reading this site and the no risk money comes in.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Housewife's bet. The data, via a logistic regression model I've run, suggest England will win.
    Sounds way over my head. It does go to show that you know nothing about football though. You need to take into account "Sod's law", pundit bulltulip levels, wind direction, Rooney's temperament, ambient temperature, Ledley's knee, John Terry's sulking, James' cockiness and plenty of other contributing factors.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Housewife's bet. The data, via a logistic regression model I've run, suggest England will win.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Fair enough. I will bet a grand Scotland don't qualify for the next 5 world cups then
    You won't get very good odds for that. Probably make more leaving the money in a current account

Leave a comment:

Working...
X