• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: The Weekend

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The Weekend"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    ^ Mmm, nice Dave, nice.
    Thats what MrsB says. She likes the cheesecake too

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    ^ Mmm, nice Dave, nice.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    study, prepare for presentation on monday, make strawberry cheesecake - if i can find a recipe, i'm sure we had a chef on here - watch germany beat england...
    1 pack ginger biscuits
    500g Marscapone Cheese
    75g Butter
    500g Strawberries
    110g Icing Sugar
    1tsp Vanilla essence
    Juice of half a lemon
    1tbsp Balsamic Vineger (or juice from the other half of the lemon)

Use a blender or a rolling pin to crush the biscuits and put them into a bowl.

Melt the butter and add to the crushed biscuits to bind them together and use the mixture to line the bottom and sides of a a loose bottomed tin.

Place this is the fridge to chill.

Hull and halve the strawberries and place in a bowl. Sprinkle with 45g of the caster sugar and mix well. Place in the fridge for half an hour to macerate.

Mix the marscarpone with the remaining suger, lemon juice and vanilla.

Spread this mixture over the biscuit base.

Drain off the juice from the strawberries and retain it. Arrange the strawberries on top of the mascarpone.

Pour the juice from the strawberries into a pan with the balsamic vinegar and bring to the boil. Boil until it starts to turn syrupy, take off the heat and allow to cool.

Brush the cooled syrup over the strawberries and place the whole thing in the fridge for an hour to chill before serving. Decorate with a sprig of Basil.

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied
    Ask Norrahe - hope I spelt that right, but, you know who I mean.
    cheers Mary! I will ask

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Boudica View Post
    study, prepare for presentation on monday, make strawberry cheesecake - if i can find a recipe, i'm sure we had a chef on here - watch germany beat england...
    Ask Norrahe - hope I spelt that right, but, you know who I mean.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    If I was listening to Gimp in real life I probably would have stuffed him a suitcase by now.

Leave a comment:

• Boudica
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Hmm... there is a driving range with a 9 hole pitch and putt on summer lane.
    That's the badger

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    Oh yes there is. You can do pitch and putt there and the water features are the rhynes
    Hmm... there is a driving range with a 9 hole pitch and putt on summer lane.

Try Clevedon Golf Centre if you want a more challenging 18 holes.

Don't confuse it with Clevedon Golf Club though, thats a proper course like Worlebury in Weston.

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    Pardon? If you must continue posting, please at least spell check.
    Oh yes there is. You can do pitch and putt there and the water features are the rhynes

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Oh tes there is. You can do pitch and putt there ant the water features are the rhynes
    Looks like you need a drink mate!

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Oh tes there is. You can do pitch and putt there ant the water features are the rhynes
    Pardon? If you must continue posting, please at least spell check.

Leave a comment:

• gricerboy
    replied
    There's no such club... I'm onto you.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Errr, errr, did I say Worle Golf Club? I meant a Golf Club near Worle...

<Damn> wrong login!
    Can't be you Churchy. You could never have prolonged the "honeymoon period" this long!!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    There's no such club... I'm onto you.
    Errr, errr, did I say Worle Golf Club? I meant a Golf Club near Worle...

<Damn> wrong login!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X