• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Mostly Harmless

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mostly Harmless"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    The remarkably witty "Better than AtW" epithet.

A bit like being "Less skint than Somalia".

Still, if it meets your personal expectations, who are WE to poke fun at it eh?

Oh that! That was made up for me by admin as I couldn't be bothered to choose one myself.

hth

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    What custom title?
    The remarkably witty "Better than AtW" epithet.

A bit like being "Less skint than Somalia".

Still, if it meets your personal expectations, who are WE to poke fun at it eh?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    So, how's that custom title working out for you? Making you feel good?
    What custom title?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    The problem with the system is that any normal, psychologically healthy posters don't give a tulip - so the system is used by the bedwetter clique to boost each other's fragile egos and neg those they don't like.
    Sad really.
    You gotta work from the inside man. The inside.

I mean the system is foolproof right? You'd never get a look at me, trolling poster for example ahead of someone reputable like a Nick Fitz poster would you! Would you?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The problem with the system is that any normal, psychologically healthy posters don't give a tulip - so the system is used by the bedwetter clique to boost each other's fragile egos and neg those they don't like.
    Sad really.
    So, how's that custom title working out for you? Making you feel good?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I can't rep people I repped before, yet, and the novelty is wearing thin now.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    That or

a) Post something funny
    b) Post something interesting
    c) Post something financial
    d) Post something that people are interested in.

Mmm. Thats you ****ed I'd say.
    Says you with the army of socks, I can't see any other reason for people repping you.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Just make some posts with pics of Kylie with not much on, seems to get some +ve rep. But I'm still mostly harmless.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Sad really.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    So what do you have to do to change the rating? At the moment I sound like a dose of swine flu.
    Have you tried brown-nosing posters with a higher rep?

Leave a comment:

• Drewster
    replied
    That or

a) Post something funny
    b) Post something interesting
    c) Post something financial
    d) Post something that people are interested in.

Mmm. Thats you ****ed I'd say.
    If any one of a-d are true - HTF did you get to "Should be listened to"?????

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    That or a prison shower room and you have to work out how to get the soap!
    Create a sockie and ask them to pick it up. Simples.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Once you get to 1000 general is revealed as a darkened room with some keys on the floor.
    That or a prison shower room and you have to work out how to get the soap!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    -xxxxx to <0 - Slower than a 486
    0 - 10 - Neither Here nor There
    11 - 49 Mostly Harmless
    50 - 99 Makes Sense
    100 - xxxx Should be listened to

Thats what we know so far.
    Once you get to 1000 general is revealed as a darkened room with some keys on the floor.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I struggle to find where the ratings I've got are - I could see two, one red, one green but no comments. And without knowing the scale I can't even be sure if I'm the default or one below/above.

edit: just took me 5min to even find any hint of reputation. For no reason at all, it's in my 'settings' page. It's not a setting, why ain't it in notifications or profile? And am I supposed to be able to find a history of reputation I've given?
    Nobody but admin knows what the full extent of the scale is and what the other descriptions are.

Yep, the ratings are in a pretty stupid place: I don't know why they did it that way. I'll see about shifting it somewhere more sensible, like the profile page. I'm not aware of any way of seeing your rating-giving history, though it sounds like a reasonable feature: I'll have to see if it's feasible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X