• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "World Cup 2010: HMV withdraws 'racist' anti-England posters from Scottish stores"

Collapse

• sasguru
    replied
    I look down on all of you. Oh and my degrees are better than all of yours. And I earn more money than you lot.
    So yah boo sucks!

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Did you get the joke? Did it go over your head?

Minestrone, don't let your perceived snobbery get the better of you, forget the chip that your parents placed on your shoulder and shake off the shackles of your depressed childhood, life really isn't like this anymore and hasn't been for a wee while.

YouTube - Harry Enfield - Mr Cholmondley Warner on The Working Class

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Yeah, no class either MF. Apparently.

I look up to him, but I look down on you.....

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Yeah, no class either MF. Apparently.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Oi! Minestrone. I've told you before, please don;t put my picture up on CUK. I hate to be reminded I once had looks.... and money. Looks and money..... and hair.... Looks, money and hair......
    and I was thin. Yeah, looks, money, hair, and I was thin..... and a fcking awful jacket.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    God that would suck, earning more than you and having more letters. Would your life be worth living or would you migrate to Mumsnet and feel vastly superior correcting the single mothers spelling of 'Waynetta?' If so, I'm entering my card details as we speak.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Anyway, I think you want to make a point about money and I will let you into a secret that your neddy little Govan Dad never would have never known, to be middle class you are meant to not speak about money, it is something that sits in the bank and is never discussed, very impolite to even mention it.
    Whereas the above clearly shows class.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Churchill and Incognito just might end the day having more degrees than me.
    I believe Cliphead has the most degrees from what he was saying recently.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    You can do what you want, your degree (s) mean nothing to me as do you. I still earn more than you; maybe you should concentrate on your career rather than collecting letters? What do you think?
    To be honest I have never put BEng(Hons) BSc MSc after my name, I have them but never use them.

Anyway, I think you want to make a point about money and I will let you into a secret that your neddy little Govan Dad would have never known, to be middle class you are meant to not speak about money, it is something that sits in the bank and is never discussed, very impolite to even mention it.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    God that would suck, earning more than you and having more letters. Would your life be worth living or would you migrate to Mumsnet and feel vastly superior correcting the single mothers spelling of 'Waynetta?' If so, I'm entering my card details as we speak.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    I was giving consideration to going for another degree recently, law maybe, it will sit nicely next to my Engineering, Maths and CS degrees. What do you think?
    You can do what you want, your degree (s) mean nothing to me as do you. I still earn more than you; maybe you should concentrate on your career rather than collecting letters? What do you think?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I was giving consideration to going for another degree recently, law maybe, it will sit nicely next to my Engineering, Maths and CS degrees. What do you think?
    It's your money, you can spend it however you choose.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Right then, because that little piece of paper you get for four years of being on the piss and popping countless drugs really demonstrates how successful you've been in life.

I left school with three highers with grades good enough to get me into a mediocre Uni if I really fancied another four years of 'education.' Instead I joined the Royal Navy and on my 21st birthday was partying on a beach in Indonesia. I have been round the world (twice), whilst being paid for it and now when comparing myself with those of my compatriots who did go onto Uni, I can quite happily say that not one of them has earned more than me in the last five years. Infact I would say 90% of them have not taken home 50% of what I take home.

So, you can take that rolled up diploma of yours and bask in the little letters it allows you to stick behind your name, I'll happily take the bank balance. Because basically what I'm getting at is the fact I know I currently do earn more than you and I will continue to earn more than you, but hey at least you've got those little letters to keep you warm.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I only quoteed the first line, but I was responding to the whole post. Re-read it, there seems a lot of between-the-lines biterness and anger there.
    Absolutely not, I'm sure those who made the choice to go onto Uni after school got what they wanted out of it. I had no interest in it then; my last two years at school were wasted as I discovered drink and women.

I am actually doing my LL.B through the OU at the moment, but purely through self interest in Law. I have no ill feeling towards University education, but to hold up a degree as some shining example of superior intellect as Minestrone did (and does constantly with Churchill) is a complete fallacy.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X