• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Where would you love to work?"

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Mal P View Post
    Howdy folks,

First of all, as a result of yesterday's football results, the game has been officially banned in Australia. Let us never try that again.

Secondly, if you had the choice of working anywhere in the UK, where would you like to do so, given that one had to front up to a client site everyday (so be commercially realistic).

I heard that Ipswich is particularly lovely according to a recruiter?

Sincerely,
    Mal
    I'd like to work at a nice pub in the country around Winchester overlooking the River Test or Itchen please with a decent pint and free wi-fi.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Maybe you need a nicer home?

<-----

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Been there. Done that.

AND I FRACKING HATE IT!
    Maybe you need a nicer home?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    if you had the choice of working anywhere in the UK, where would you like to do so
    Not unlike asking where one would like to be cut open to see what it is that causes all those stinky farts.

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    You really need to get out a bit more Mal
    Yeah - you should try somewhere like, ooh, The Ship and Shovel on a Thursday. The kitty will be empty though as I blew it on the first round

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Been there. Done that.

AND I FRACKING HATE IT!
    I didn't mind it, at least I could do some gardening during my lunch hour.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    The brains go to Cambridge, the money to Oxford, the girls go to... ?

Regardless, more beer!!

I too dislike working from home... but then again if my home was on the riviera...
    You really need to get out a bit more Mal

Leave a comment:

• Mal P
    replied
    The brains go to Cambridge, the money to Oxford, the girls go to... ?

Regardless, more beer!!

I too dislike working from home... but then again if my home was on the riviera...

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    at home.
    Been there. Done that.

AND I FRACKING HATE IT!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by rsingh View Post
    Hey it's Mal! Party time - I'll get the beers!
    Is there any money left in the kitty or are you paying with loyalty cards?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    at home

I don't know I've been stuck working in London from the get go, so it would probably anywhere but there, which would be a refreshing change and anything but my current industry, which I cannot seem to escape from despite having transferrable skills.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Howdy folks,

First of all, as a result of yesterday's football results, the game has been officially banned in Australia. Let us never try that again.

Secondly, if you had the choice of working anywhere in the UK, where would you like to do so, given that one had to front up to a client site everyday (so be commercially realistic).

Sincerely,
    Mal
    In the girls shower room Oxford Uni

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Nowhere, I don't want to do any work in the UK.

<---- Gives a clue.

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    replied
    Howdy folks,

Sincerely,
    Mal
    Hey it's Mal! Party time - I'll get the beers!

Leave a comment:

• Brussels Slumdog
    replied
    Cornwall

Howdy folks,

Sincerely,
    Mal
    As an Accountant I worked on contract in Redruth and Plymouth in Cornwall
    Cirencester Glos
    I worked also in Ipswich but I preferred my time in Norwich

In IT I worked in Aberdeen for 3 weeks which took ages to get there from Brussels so possibly not commercially viable for long term

Leave a comment:

Working...
X