• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Campaign for the execution of Diarmuid Gavin"

Collapse

• xoggoth
    replied
    Never eard of im but I sympathise. My pet hate is chefs, especially that bloke that wanders along the seashore serving up almost raw fish.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I like Diarmuid. He's cute, in a scruffy sort of way.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Steal his designs and do it yourself, moany moanerson
    That's what I did

If you don't want to do it, get your lady tester to do so.

20k for a garden design??? They saw you coming

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    …and a cull of garden designers in general.

Having spent about 1 minute enjoying my bank statement on Thursday evening, which looks somewhat healthier than last year, and receiving the news of a new contract, Lady Tester announced that she had visited the show gardens of a ‘garden designer’. A Dutch gardener, who takes his inspiration from said Irishman, was to visit Tester House on Friday with a design and a quote. Now I like my modern design, and even enjoy a bit of abstract modern art sometimes, so the aesthetics didn’t disagree with me. But the f**king price of it!

20,000 euros doesn’t get you much except for a turquoise miniature concrete cooling tower just off centre and a square ‘pond’ big enough for two very intimate goldfish. Want plants? 3500e Extra. Want a place to sit? 5000e Extra. Fancy a pergola? Forget it.

Why can’t women just stick to shoes and handbags instead of landscape art gardens?

Can we just shoot garden designers and landscapers on sight?
    Can't you just become an MP and get it all done for nowt?? Or have things changed??

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Gardening? I like gardening almost as much as I like football.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    That's what I did with Moben.

Got their kitchen designer in for an hour or so, put up with the hard sell, then took his designs down to Wickes.

Similar kitchen, less than a quarter of the price fully fitted.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Having spent about 1 minute enjoying my bank statement on Thursday evening, which looks somewhat healthier than last year, and receiving the news of a new contract, Lady Tester announced that she had visited the show gardens of a ‘garden designer’. A Dutch gardener, who takes his inspiration from said Irishman, was to visit Tester House on Friday with a design and a quote. Now I like my modern design, and even enjoy a bit of abstract modern art sometimes, so the aesthetics didn’t disagree with me. But the f**king price of it!

20,000 euros doesn’t get you much except for a turquoise miniature concrete cooling tower just off centre and a square ‘pond’ big enough for two very intimate goldfish. Want plants? 3500e Extra. Want a place to sit? 5000e Extra. Fancy a pergola? Forget it.

Why can’t women just stick to shoes and handbags instead of landscape art gardens?

Leave a comment:

• Campaign for the execution of Diarmuid Gavin

Last edited by Mich the Tester; 7 June 2010, 16:05.

Working...
X